Chapter 22 - Prove it

Giving up on the rice, not in the mood to fight over carbs, however how long it took her to cook it, she starts to eat quietly looking at her plate. As soon as she places a piece of pork belly in her mouth, she closes her eyes and her mind wonders, feeling like she's home in her parent's backyard.

JB: Verdict?

J: Bab... Jaebeom it's delicious!

JB: Great! He says with his biggest eye smile, putting his hand on her thigh under the table. There's nearly nothing on your plate! Jinyoung pass the rice please.

Jinyoung looks up at Jaebeom and reluctantly hands him the rice, allowing him to stack up her plate.

J: I'm not that hungry,but thanks.

JB: You haven't eaten all day, you need to eat something.

J: How do you know?

JB: I know, he says with authority.

Spending the whole day worrying about her relationships, she didn't feel like eating, but with Jaebeom telling her, she has to, she knows she has no choice but listen. She is always the one telling him to look after himself, eat and rest. If she didn't listen to him, she would be a hypocrite. A loud splashing noise suddenly interrupts them from their meal and standing up quickly, they find Yugyeom in the swimming pool, Bambam cracking up.

BB: It was an accident I swear! Haha!

YG: Bambam I'm gonna kill you, he shouts as soon as his head is out of the water, fully dressed.

BB: I'm sorry, I'm sorry, he says trying to hide behind Youngjae who just can't stop laughing.

As Yugyeom whines in the pool, Jinyoung has stood up and sneakily walks behind Bambam. Youngjae spotting him, suddenly moves out of the way while Jinyoung pushes Bambam in the pool. Only he is allowed to push his baby in the pool, and he is pleased with himself, nodding to his progeny as if to say "you're welcome". Seeing him smile warms her, reassures her that he is okay, that he is still him, and she can't help but feeling happy. As he turns around and meets her smile, his smile dies, reminded of the pain she caused him, and as everyone is busy making fun of Bambam, he discreetly steps away from the group and heads to the path leading to the beach. Jaebeom, now on the edge of the pool, laughing with his friends, doesn't noticed her heading towards the beach too. As she walks in the darkness, along the trees, she feels excited at the thought to finally being able to speak to him alone, but anxious at his reaction. She loves this man and she has hurt him even though she doesn't feel she did anything wrong. Is this always going to be the same? Is his jealousy going to be an issue in their relationship? It is not the first time she sees what it does to him. Continuing her journey, the path only lit by a full moon peaking between the branches, guided by the sound of the ocean, she eventually arrives on the exposed beach. Looking across the sand, she sees an irresistible silhouette that she knows by heart, wanting to slide her hands around his waist and give him a back hug. He stands in front of he ocean, close to the waves, immobile, as she makes her way to him. Once behind him, she doesn't know how to approach him, frozen by the sudden apprehension of his reaction to her presence.

JY: Are you gonna say something? He says still facing the sea.

J: I didn't want to startle you. I didn't realise you knew I was there.

JY: I guessed you'd follow me, he chuckles.

J: Jinyoung. I can tell you're mad at me. I didn't do anything wrong.

Now turning to her with anger in his eyes, but also pain and sadness, he shakes his head.

JY: Really?!