Chapter 37 - Crazy

Going through a door, following who she now has recognised to be Jaebeom, she feels emotions rising. How will she be able to keep her act up with him, when it was so difficult to do with Jinyoung? Once they get to a quiet corridor, he pushes her against a wall softly, her wrist still firmly held in his hand, and presses himself against her, his face against the side of her head. Feeling him breathing in her ear, his strong chest rising, she feels all over the place. She needs him desperately, like she needs air to breathe. Dragging his hand softly down her arm, breathing in her scent, he starts to kiss her earlobe, going down her neck. The exhilaration of his proximity, of his touch is something she can no longer contain and a moan escapes her. Hearing her own voice, she is startled out of this lustful moment and pushes him gently.

J: Jaebeom. I didn't come alone tonight.

JB: I saw that, he says shocking her.

J: What are you doing then?

JB: I'm showing that I want you. You look breathtaking in that dress. Baby, you make my head spin. I swear I'm going crazy.

J: Bab... Jaebeom! She corrects herself quickly. I'm seeing someone.

JB: Sure you are, he says with a grin, trying to come closer to kiss her.

J: I am! His name is Henry, she adds sliding along the wall away from his grip.

JB: The guy from New Year's Eve? The one that was not your date because you don't want to date? He asks raising an eyebrow, ready to unravel her plan.

J: I changed my mind, she answers confidently.

JB: Jina, I'm not an idiot. I know what you're trying to do, but I won't give up.

J: I'm not trying to do anything, I'm with him, she says now walking away, before he pulls her by the wrist.

JB: You're not. You love me and I love you and we will be together again but you need to be patient.

J: If we can't be together then we need to move on and I am. You should do the same, she adds coldly.

JB: I've told you before, you are a very bad liar.

J: I'm not lying, she says pulling her arm and walking back to the reception.

Overwhelmed by her emotions, she feels so much love for him, so much pain from hearing her own words coming out, trying to lie to him. Still shaking and trying to stop the imminent tears from rolling, she goes in, breathing in deeply before she sits back next to Henry into this now full on party like crowded venue.

H: Are you okay? He asks holding her hand as he can discern her a little shook in the dark and loud room.

J: I'm fine, she says faking a smile.

H: Which one was the ex? He asks without getting an answer. I got you another drink.

J: Thanks Henry. That's lovely, she says downing the flute in one go. I really needed that. Let's go to the bar.

H: Sure, he says a little concerned about her sudden wish to indulge.

As she squeezes to the rammed bar, asking for shots, he has a couple with her but then stops her to get any more.

H: Jina, I thought you liked to stay in control. I would like not to have to carry you back to your place if I can avoid it, he teases.

J: Come on, you're really fit, you'll be just fine, she laughs already intoxicated.

As she never drinks, the two shots are enough to get her over the edge, but with him being so caring, he gets her soft drinks after these.

J: Henry, you're not funny, I wanna dance. Come on! Show me how good you are! She says as they join the now very busy dance floor.