Chapter 14 - Never Ever

On their arrival in Toronto, she gets a glimpse of the boys from far as they go through customs. Her attention is drawn to Youngjae, making a series of cute grins, smiling, closing his eye, scrunching his nose at her, making her laugh. And then as her eyes scan the same area, she see Jinyoung staring at Youngjae seriously, confused, then staring at her. He is not laughing, just standing there, with his angry stare on, his passport in his hands. In an attempt to make her interaction with Youngjae look normal, as if he didn't interrupt an intimate moment, she smiles at him, when in reality, she is petrified at the thought he discovered Youngjae is the other guy. And that's without talking about Jaebeom, who she hasn't mentioned to him yet. Where is Jaebeom? Trying to look for him in the crowd, she feels her phone vibrate.

[Jaebeom: How was your flight?

[Jina: Fine. Where are you?

[Jaebeom: I have just passed customs. The others are behind. I couldn't see you.

[Jina: I'm behind the others. Company rules you know, after the incident.

[Jaebeom: I missed you last night, but the sheets still smelt of your perfume.

[Jina: I didn't wear perfume lol.

[Jaebeom: Deodorant?

[Jina: Sure. Haha.

[Jaebeom: I hope you have a great time with your family. Stay safe.

[Jina: I will. Get some rest or else...

[Jaebeom: Else what? I'm intrigued.

[Jina: I will have to scold you and you don't want to see me angry.

[Jaebeom: Maybe I do?

[Jina: Seriously please tell me you will rest.

[Jaebeom: Don't worry I will, I swear. See you in two days. X

[Jina: I already miss you. Xx

After she finishes her text exchange, a smile on her face, thinking of how sweet Jaebeom is, her eyes wander towards the boys and her gaze meet Jinyoung's serious stare. She can swear she detects sadness now instead of anger like earlier. Again, she glanced at him with a fond smile, but she wonders if he knows, if he can read through her. Unable to reach out, she messages him.

[Jina: Hey. Are you okay?

Looking towards him, he just passed customs and has probably not seen her message. Time passes and he still doesn't respond as they pick they luggage from the conveyor belt. Getting another glimpse of him before he disappears, she is feeling anxious that he is mad at her. Open relationship... doesn't feel like one. His jealousy is obvious. Trying to focus on the two days to come, she shakes him out of her head as there is no point in worrying when she will not see him during that time and she heads to the exit. The excitement she feels when she finally sees her mum is unreal, and she starts to cry. They hug each other tight until her dad arrives to embrace them even tighter. The drive home is great. She sees her old neighbourhood and her mum tells her about the new shops opening, the ones that closed, her friends who are now married or have left like her. This is all exciting, and even though she is happy to be there, it doesn't really feel like home anymore. Also, she cannot shake the feeling that she might bump into him by accident and as soon as they come out of the car, she scans the place instinctively to make sure it is safe. Her parents know about him and that he is the reason she left. They both notice her behaviour once outside, and worry a little.

Omma: We don't see him these days. You're safe, she says holding onto her hand as her dad picks up her suitcase.

Appa: Is there a dead body in there?