Chapter 20 - Runaway

Following the instructions Jinyoung gave her, she is intrigued and excited by the mystery around her date with him. Being asked to dress smart, a driver has been arranged to take her to the city, and going up the elevator of the building she is shown to, she can already anticipate the city views will be breathtaking. Once out, she follows the signs and as she reaches the restaurant doors, notices a lot of people queueing. Before she has time to reach the end of the queue, one of the staff at the door, makes eye contact and asks her to come closer, in front of all the people waiting patiently, also dressed extremely well. As she walks passed them, effectively jumping the queue, she hears:

??: Who is she? Must be someone famous to get in just like that!

Surprised herself by this treatment, she is convinced they have made a mistake until she is addressed by her name by the employee.

Staff: Hi Miss Lee. Mr Park is waiting for you.

No, they definitely didn't make a mistake. Wondering how they knew who she was and the logistics around it all, she follows the host who takes her through the main room. The restaurant is full yet very quiet, with mostly small two-people table quite far from each other, and lit with low single light pendants in the smokey atmosphere, bringing intimacy. As she gets closer to the full length windows overseeing New York City, she notices little semi-circle booths closed to the rest of the restaurant but opened on the window side, offering amazing views over the sparkling dark city. Walking passed the host, she enters the booth, where she finds him, her beautiful man, wearing a dashing black suit, black mandarin collar shirt, his hair looking as soft as his lips. Standing up to greet her, he looks like a model, a movie star, and his face enlightens as he sees her, not believing his eyes as she comes closer. Wearing a short black dress with high heels, with her hair in a tight bun, holding her clutch bag and a shawl, she looks very sophisticated and he cannot take his eyes off her.

Walking towards her, he brushes his fingers on her bare arms and leans to kiss her

Walking towards her, he brushes his fingers on her bare arms and leans to kiss her. But she is startled and looks at him in panic, confused, as she doesn't understand why he would make such gesture in a public place.

JY: It's okay, it's a very discreet establishment, he smiles, leaning to her again.

As his lips softly touch hers, she feels excitement rising. This whole situation has her surprised, charmed, pleased and grateful, and as she enjoys his delicious lips, she cups his face while he holds her hand, finishing his kiss by a small peck on her wrist.

JY: Are you hungry? He asks as they sit down in their secluded cosy corner.

J: Starving! She says, still feeling his lips, his touch.

JY: Let's make a toast first, he suggests, handing her a Champagne flute. To you, to us and may tonight be as slow as possible.

J: Geonbae! She smiles, knocking her glass with his and sipping. I cannot believe all of this, she says waving softly at the view, him and everywhere around them. It's is amazing.