Chapter 26 - Q

Returning to the others after a nice swim and a good water fight, Jaebeom grabs a towel to wrap her in.

JH: So how long have you guys been together?

J: What? She asks panicked.

JH: Jaebeom-oppa and you... how long?

JB: Oh we're just friends, he says quickly trying to cover, knowing that's what she would want.

JH: Really? She asks bemused. You look like a couple to me.

YG: If Jaebeom-hyung says they are friends...

JB: We became close friends when Jina looked after me when I was sick.

JH: Oh! So you're very good friends! She says with a smirk.

YG: Joohyun, stop it please.

JH: Fine. She says smiling at him.

Over a few snacks and drinks, they enjoy each other's company until they feel they should return. After such a nice time with her man nearly in the open, enjoying the beach and the gorgeous weather, her and Joohyun return to the villa first, in the hope the others would not raise suspicions. Stepping on the terrace, she sees Seojoon, who discreetly nods at her as if to say "thank you". They are all back with the exception of Mark and Bambam who have gone to do a little exploring, and Jinyoung who is nowhere to be seen. Both ladies, get freshened up and changed at the annex and once back, enjoy a drink by the pool, when Jaebeom and Yugyeom return sending discreet glances, but having a laugh together nonetheless. Obviously with the manager around, Yugyeom and Joohyun stay civil but distant.

J: Where's Jinyoung? She asks out to the group.

JY: I'm here! He says dripping with sweat, wiping his face with a small towel. I was working out, the gym is pretty decent, he says sitting on the end of Jina's long chair, staring at her with his gorgeous wrinkle eye smile.

As he wears a lose tank top, she can see his pecs through the armholes, sweat dripping from his forehead down his temples, his wet hair sticking to his beautiful skin and this picture makes her suddenly feel very thirsty. But she reminds herself that her desire for him is not the issue in the their relationship, as it is all too present every time she lays her eyes on him.

J: Did you enjoy your afternoon? She asks trying to distract herself from the tempting picture in front of her.

JY: I can think of better ways to spend it, he says smirking, making her blush. But it was relaxing. I'm gonna have a shower, he says as if to invite her, standing up and going inside, looking back at her with a smile which Joohyun notices.

JH: Oh, so you're with Jinyoung then, she whispers.

J: No! We are friends, she says calmly. He likes to tease.

JH: Sure you are, she says, miming her mouth being zipped.

Slightly annoyed, she wonders why Joohyun is suddenly so interested in her love life, as she never asked questions before, when it hits her. She probably needs someone to go through this with her and doesn't want to be the only one with a boyfriend in the band, maybe even feels like an odd ball. It's too early for her to admit to her relationship, regardless of which one it will end up being.

Nodding off slowly, soothed by the sound of the waves in the distance, the warm breeze brushing her hair, the sun kissing her skin, she is awaken eventually by the smell of caramelised meat and as she opens her eyes, she sees everyone close to the table.

JY: Look who decided to wake up! How handy that all the food is ready, he teases.

J: Sorry! I didn't realise I was tired, she says stretching, lifting her top enough to reveal her abs, making Bambam tilt his head to sneak a peak, only to get hit on the head by Mark.