Chapter 6 - Aura

The next day is concert day and after returning to the hotel and being busy with her usual tasks, she is expecting a call from Jinyoung as he is always restless after their shows, and needs her but tonight, nothing. By the time she slips in her bed, checking her phone a last time, she realises that she is not essential to him after all, which hurts but is for the best. It was supposed to be a "one time thing" after all. Her deepest thoughts are hopes that she has not hurt his feelings and as they try to ignore each other all day, she has no idea how he feels. It's probably for the best.

In the morning, they need to travel to Sydney for their last concert before a short break in their tour. Before they leave, in the hotel lobby, she tries to look at Jinyoung from a distance and notices he seems quieter than usual, wearing his sunglasses and cap on with his hoodie over it. Taking his glasses off for a second she catches a glimpse of his puffy eyes and exhausted features. She feels bad but says nothing. At their arrival at the airport, anxiety rises at the memory of Melbourne fans, but the manager makes sure she is alright and reassures her that if she follows the instructions, it will all be f8ne. As they come off the plane, she sees Youngjae turning towards to her with a comforting gaze, before he disappears way ahead of them. That's when she realises that she has not had much interaction with him lately. He seems to always have a kind look towards her when their eyes meet but they do not talk. The thought of his laugh though takes over her mind and suddenly she feels okay. The fans are there and way ahead of their little group of staff, which should make her feel better but the noise generated by hundreds of screaming fans makes her uneasy, hoping her boys are safe. As they finally reach the cars and head to the hotel, she is distracted by make up noona and her constant flow of stories.

The next day the routine settles, as they practice and she supports. Seeing Youngjae, she heads to him with a towel and a bottle of water as his face is covered in sweat.

J: Hi, she says timidly.

YJ: Hi. How are you?

J: Good.

YJ: Your black eye is changing colour. You have a rainbow eye now, he smiles.

J: Yes. How are you?

YJ: Looking forward to our small break. I am so tired and I miss Coco.

J: I bet you do. She's so cute.

YJ: You should come with us for a walk when we go home, he says making her look up at him with excitement.

J: I'd love to, she smiles.

Her emotions rise as they look at each other, his smile and soft gaze giving away his feelings for her.

J: Oh, I won't be in Seoul I forgot! I am visiting family.

YJ: Maybe another time then.

J: Sure, she says dreaming.

As she walks away on a little cloud, thinking he would want to spend time with her on his time off, she meets Jinyoung's gaze and is startled, again she feels as though she has just been caught cheating on her boyfriend. Different men this time. His jealousy is subtle but obvious to her and this time she is not in the mood to play with him. His silence in the last few days makes her think he has been hurt by her coldness and it might mean their little arrangement is off. Unsure how she would feel about it, if it was to be permanent, she shrugs it off and continue to bring towels and water to the others. Jaebeom's sweaty long neck and smile towards her makes her feel heat, his sexiness is inevitable and even though she just wants to get on with her day, she feels he is desperately trying to get her attention.

JB: Thanks, he says smiling, taking the towel off her hands, brushing her fingers at the same time, again, simultaneously throwing a current through her spine. She then rushes to the next band member who happens to be Jinyoung. Looking at him sheepishly , she hands him a towel and a bottle of water, that he ignores, walking away. There is ignoring and ignoring and this one is not good, so she decides to see him that night.