Chapter 32 - Fine

M: So?

J: Hi Mark. Yes I'm well thank you for asking. How are you?

M: Yeah yeah... did you get the job?

J: I'm sorry to say I did. Yes.

M: Congratulations, he says obviously annoyed.

J: Listen Mark, I need the money, and I get to see some of my friends. I don't want to justify myself to you anyway. This is ridiculous. You're acting like a jealous boyfriend, she says making him blush slightly.

M: I'm just saying that because Jaebeom might be...

J: I need to stop you right there Mark. I'm sorry, she says her heart hurting and emotions rising. Jaebeom needs to move on without me. He deserves much better. I'm trying to move on too.

M: And are you? Have you been on any date lately?

J: What?! She scoffs. I'm... no! I'm moving on with my life, not with my heart. Not yet. I'm not ready.

M: Well, he's not ready either. He still loves you and knowing you're working with Chanyeol won't please him.

J: Jaebeom didn't have an issue with Chanyeol, because he trusted me, she says remembering their talk at the supermarket, and how lucky she felt. Anyway, I'm starting next week with WayV but I'll probably be moving around the bands. Wherever they need help really. Please be happy for me, she says pouting.

M: I'm happy that you found a new job. I'm not surprised. You're awesome.

J: Thank you. When are you back?

M: A couple of weeks. I am bit tired of travelling. Once we're on stage, with Ahgases, I feel great. They give us so much energy. But I just want to be home at the moment and see you.

J: Me too. I miss you all so much. How are they?

M: You know... keeping busy. Yugyeom and Joohyun are sneaking around. No drama, which is perfect really. He seems to ground her. Bambam has a personal vendetta against the new assistant who is not helping herself. She's pretty rude to be honest. Youngjae and Jackson are doing well.

J: And...

M: Jinyoung is okay, he's only showing us what he wants to show. You know him. Jaebeom is doing okay, he says looking above his phone as if distracted by something happening.

J: Is someone there?

M: What? No! He says a little too quickly to be truthful.

J: Mark, who's there?

M: No one.

J: Mark do you have a girl in your room? She asks teasingly until she hears scoffing. Okay, I'll stop teasing.

M: Anyway! Jaebeom is really supportive these days, very involved with all of us. I think he's trying to keep his mind busy, he says looking above his phone again, confirming to her someone is definitely in his room.

J: That's good.

M: What would it take to make you come back? He suddenly drops on her.

J: I'm not coming back.

M: Come on, just hypothetically.

J: If I was one hundred percent sure that Jinyoung is no longer in love with me, if he had forgiven me for breaking his heart, if Jaebeom had forgiven me for breaking his too and if he still loved me... Are you gonna fix everything? Are you my fairy godmother?

M: Yeah that's a lot to ask, I understand.

J: Can we stop bringing this subject please Mark, it's really upsetting for me.