Chapter 28 - Drunk

The trip was particularly exhausting, but finally back in Seoul, she is determined in doing what needs to be done, even though she feels sick or on the verge of tears constantly. As she gets her suitcase with Joohyun, who has been nothing but supportive, trying to distract her, still unaware of the reason for the gloomy Jina that she is not used to, they arranges to share a taxi. On their sides, the two men haven't spoken much during the trip home. On the various flights back, they sat next to other people, but as it is now time to leave the airport, they ask their manager to share a car while the others take the main van to their respective apartments.

The taxi first drops Joohyun at her parents, but now alone in the taxi, Jina feels anxious, her legs shaking and her palms sweating. Staring outside at the cityscape, she wonders what the future holds for her and for them.

The driver drops the two men off at the JYPE building and leaving their luggage at reception downstairs, they head up to the studio, silent in the elevator. Once there, they wait for her, Jaebeom sitting on the console chair, Jinyoung on the sofa, both feeling anxious, nervous and worried.

JB: She shouldn't be long, I saw she was with Joohyun, so she probably dropped her off first.

JY: Sure, he says, rubbing his hands and wiping them on his trousers.

After twenty minutes, no sign of her. The wait is very stressful and every noise in the corridor makes them hope it is her, but each time the door stays closed. Jaebeom decides to call her, but it rings until he ends up on her voicemail. Jinyoung tries as well but gets the same results.

JB: Something is wrong.

JY: It's my fault.

JB: Don't say that, we don't know what is happening.

They have now been waiting for forty five minutes and haven't heard from her. Jaebeom is restless and Jinyoung still sitting on the sofa has his head in his hands. With the both of them having called her several times with no response, Jaebeom is trying to think of what he can do and calls Joohyun first, who confirms she got dropped off and Jina was on her way home, or so she thought. Something definitely feels off and he calls his manager, doing his best to sound calm.

JB: Hey!

Manager: Ah Jaebeom, is everything okay?

JB: I can't get hold of Jina and I'm worried.

Manager: She's off the clock Jaebeom. She's on holidays now for the next week, then she'll be back in the office, helping other bands until the European leg of the tour.

JB: I know but she was expecting my call, so I'm worried that she is not answering her phone. Is there any chance we could get her emergency contact?

Manager: Sure, let me call the office. I will call you back in a minute.

Staring at Jinyoung, he waits, imagining the worse.

JY: Jaebeom, I'm sure she's fine, she just didn't have the strength to tell us she is leaving us. It's all my fault.

JB: She's stronger than you think and she loves us, she would never just leave! Do you not know her at all?! He shouts angrily, before his phone rings again.

JB: Hello? He hurries.

Manager: Okay so her emergency number is her aunt in Jeju. There is also a second number, she just added a few weeks ago.

JB: Is it in Seoul?

Manager: It's a mobile number... it's your number, he says stunning Jaebeom but deciding not to question it.

JB: Th... thank you so much. I will try her aunt.

Manager: Let me know if she's okay, he says before putting the phone down.