𝒍𝒆𝒂𝒗𝒊𝒏𝒈

It was 10am when Shirabu was knocking on your hotel door.

"Oh, Ken-chan."

"The team is planning to go grab a little snack then we're going to go watch the matches today. Did you want to go with us?" he asks as you rub the back of your neck.

"I'm sorry but you guys can go ahead. My parents called me saying they wanted to talk to me." Looking down at the floor, your feet begin to play with each other.

Shirabu's body forms cold sweat as he barges into your room.

"H-hey! Ken-chan, what are you--"

"You're already packing?!" he yells when he sees your suitcase sitting on your bed--filled.

"W-well, yeah. My parents did say only until we finis--"

"I'll wait for you," he interrupts you and places both of his hands against your arms.

"Huh?"

"I'll wait for you until you're done talking with your parents," he repeats as you shake your head and take hold of his hands.

"Don't, Ken-chan. Just go with the boys, okay?"

"What if I won't be able to see you and say a proper goodbye?!"

"I'm not leaving the country, baby," you try to joke as his entire body trembles.

"But you could any time," he whispers and rests his head against your shoulder.

Wrapping your arms around his body, you sigh.

"I'm just going to talk to them. I'll make sure I won't leave you before bidding you and the team, 'bye,' okay? I'll be fine," you reassure.

Eventually, Shirabu finally agrees to what you say and is about to leave when he holds out a pinky.

"Promise me you won't leave before I see you?"

Blush was present across his face, making him look even more adorable. Smiling, you link your pinky with his.

"I promise, Ken-chan!" Once he leaves, you receive a call from your parents telling you to meet them at the hotel's dining area.

Walking into the dining room, a stoic expression is painted over your face. Quietly, you sit in your seat in front of them.

"Order something and then we'll talk, F/n." Your dad motions at the menu as you shake your head.

"I just want to talk and then go to the gym. I want to eat with the others there."

"Can't you just eat here, F/n? The food is better here!" your mom explains as you stubbornly shake your head.

"What is it that you have to say to me? Am I already going to have to leave for my new place right now?" you immediately cut to the chase as your dad sighs.

"Please, F/n. We'll talk about it once we orde--"

Impatient, you slam your hands against the table.

"Why? To let my suffering be extended to just hear the words: 'You'll leave after breakfast?' Just say it already! If I'm going to leave after breakfast, at least allow me to have breakfast with my friends!" At this point, you no longer had any hope that your parents would change their minds. You started to finally open up to people and found a group of people who genuinely cared for you. Now, you have to leave for your parents' selfish needs. Tears threaten to fall any moment as your fists shake with anxiety. "Please..." you beg and lower your head.

Staring at your lap, a hand slowly places itself on one of your fists.

"We were going to tell you that we're allowing you to finish school at Shiratorizawa," your mom softly says causing your head to lift up.

"W-what?"

They both nod with apologetic smiles.

"We watched your guys' game yesterday and... it was eye opening," you dad starts. Looking over at your mom, he grips her hand. "You can tell her."

You bite your lips. If it isn't obvious, you and your mom didn't have the closest relationship nor did you both agree with each other often.

"I-I don't remember the last time I've seen you smiling and crying like you did with the volleyball team and that might've just indicated how much we ignored you. I'm sorry we weren't there for you when grandma passed away, F/n and we're sorry for forcing you to do something that would've taken your happiness away... Y-you must've felt really lonely." Tears start to fall out of your mom's eyes--shocking you.

"M-mom..."

Wiping her tears, she blushes and averts eye contact with you.

"I just want you to be happy, F/n... So, if you want to continue attending Shiratorizawa, then we'll be fine with it."

Looking over to your dad to see if it wasn't all a joke, your dad gives you a nod. Slowly, tears start to fall out of your eyes as you place a hand over your chest. You couldn't tell if you were happy or hurting at how long it took them to realize how lonely you've felt without them.

"We'll always be here for you from now on, F/n. So give us another chance," your dad adds, making more tears fall out.

"M-mom, dad," you cry as your parents engulf you with a hug. "You don't know how long I've waited to hear this."

"I'm sorry we took so long to realize." Your mom combs your hair. Pushing your body away, she wipes your tears and smiles. "Now go to your boyfriend!"

"M-mom!!" You blush as you both continue to sniff.

"She's right; go tell your boyfriend that we're thankful for him watching over you and opening our eyes," your dad continues as you nod.

As Shirabu is depressingly picking at his food and watching the game between Itachiyama and Inarizaki, he sighs for the hundredth time.

"Stop sighing, you're interrupting the intense game with your sad aroma!" Kawanishi yells only to receive another sigh from the boy.

"Let him be; the boy's going to be separated from his girlfriend," Semi scolds as the entire team observes the sad setter. All together, they all sigh.

"I'm going to miss F/n senpai too," Goshiki pouts. The others silently agree and the mood to watch the match is no longer there; even for Ushijima. As if on cue, they suddenly hear a loud yell.

"Inarizaki, you better not lose!! If you guys lose, then we gave you that win for no reason!!"

Immediately, many heads turn over to see you with hair flying everywhere.

"I-Is that--"

"Is that senpai?!"

Semi and Goshiki ask as Tendou does a Kuroo laugh. Too shocked by your entrance, Shirabu stands up. Ignoring the confused and weird stares, you run over to him and launch your body onto his. With your force, he ends up falling as you land on him.

"W-what was tha--"

"Kenjirou!" you interrupt him, "I'm staying in Shiratorizawa with you all!"

His eyes widen and his body can't function correctly. Hearing your announcement, the other boys start to join in on the hug--crushing Shirabu even more.

"Is it true, F/n senpai?!" Goshiki cries as he hugs your smaller body.

"It is, Tsutomu!"

"Get off of me, guys!!" an angry voice yells and you all immediately remove your guys' selves from the crushed boy.

As the team is still hugging yours, Shirabu pulls you away from their grasps and crushes you with a tight hug.

"Thank goodness," he sighs in the crook of your neck.

A/N:

I am disappointed in some of y'all happily voting on what school y'all want to go to in Tokyo when our lover boi is at Shiratorizawa.

Smh lolllll....... But me too, aha.

Date: 27 August 2020