𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒄𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒂 𝒔𝒎𝒊𝒍𝒆

'Why? Why does my heart feel like it's about to burst?' you ask and place a hand over your heart. Suddenly, you feel another hand hold your other one.

"Don't worry." Turning to your left, you see Shirabu. "We're going to win!"

With his reassurance, you nod and the game between Shiratorizawa and Inarizaki starts.

From the stands, your parents walk in and immediately hear many loud cheers. Student sections from both schools were also competing against each other.

"Look, there's F/n." Your mom points as your dad nods. A huge smile spreads on your face as Ushijima easily scores the first point.

"Nice Kill!" you yell.

Hearing you yell so loudly and happily surprised both of your parents as they finally found a seat in the crowded stands. There were so many people there to especially watch the game between Shiratorizawa and Inarizaki.

"Inarizaki is totally going to win this one!"

"No way; have you seen Ushijima-san?! He's one of the top three aces and he's a lefty! I also heard their practices were intense." Your parents hear two high schoolers converse about the game.

'Is high school volleyball really this popular?' they ask themselves and watch.

Being able to force Inarizaki to take a timeout, you happily hand out their water bottles.

"Great job guys! Keep it up!" you compliment and hand Shirabu the last bottle. "You're doing great out there, Ken-chan. You look so cute when you get mad!" You grin as he frowns.

"It's not supposed to be cute when I'm serious and sweating like crazy," he responds and drinks from his bottle as you wipe his sweat with a towel.

"But you are cute either way," you say and just giggle. "I'm going to help out, Taichi-kun. You can wipe your own sweat, right?"

He gives you a pout but nods. "Of course I can!" He snatches the towel from you as you laugh and walk to Kawanishi.

On the other side of the court, the twins stare at you and notice how motivating you are for the team. Upon seeing his twin brother examining Shiratorizawa, Osamu decides to push some fun at his brother.

"I bet ya wished F/n-chan was wiping your sweat."

Irk marks appear on Atsumu's temple.

"Shut yer mouth! I saw ya staring at her, Samu; stop lying to yer self!" Atsumu retorts and goes back to hydrating himself as Osamu blushes.

'That idiot! Although he's a jerk, he always notices the details,' Osamu thinks to himself as the whistle is blown to indicate that the timeout is over. 'I definitely don't want to lose today!'

As both teams are playing their best, the scores tend to go back and forth with long rallies. Fortunately, Shiratorizawa had won the first set, but by the second set, Rintarou and the other blockers were getting the timing right to block Ushijima's crosses. This evidently led to them winning the second set. Even though you weren't the one playing, visible beads of sweat were present on your skin and you looked like a hot mess. During a timeout on the third set, you hand out water and towels to everyone quickly while Washijo sensei spoke to them.

"F/n senpai," Goshiki calls out to you.

"Yes? What is it, Tsutomu?" you lightly pant and wipe your sweat.

"Why do you look like you've been moving around a lot?"

The blunt question causes the others to burst into laughter.