𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒌 𝒚𝒐𝒖

It was obvious Shiratorizawa was a powerhouse and usual candidate for nationals; however, this team exceeded your expectations. Seeing them practicing versus playing in an actual game was completely different—mentally and physically. Watching them play gave you chills and increased your heart rate excessively, as if you were playing. However, all of the games went by like a breeze.

"You guys are so amazing..." You gawk.

Semi laughs at your bluntness.

"Of course they are!" You lightly punch his arm.

"You were included, baka semipai," you say back. Like usual, your little interactions with Semi—or literally any male species—gave Shirabu an uneasy feeling. Noticing Shirabu's irritating expression, Tendo decides to test his hypothesis of Shirabu developing feelings for you. Walking towards you and Semi, the red head swings an arm around you and makes sure to lean close to you.

"How were my blocks, F/n-chan? Pretty amazing, right?"

Your expression lightens up even more.

"They were, Satori senpai! It was amazing to see you immediately block them without the setter even touching the ball yet!" you excitedly exclaim. Becoming the manager and actually watching the boys play just increased your interest in the sport.

Tightening his hands into fists, Shirabu can't help but feel a sense of annoyance building up in him when he sees how close you are to Tendo. Suddenly, Tendo pushes your tiny body between his and Semi's body. Now, you were squished between the two giants. Let's just say, you and Semi were uncomfortable; however—to Shirabu—it looked like you were living your best life.

'Look at her being all flirty with Semi and Tendo. How disturbing,' Shirabu thinks to himself.

"If it bothers you so much, just steal her away from them," Kawanishi says.

Shirabu turns his head to look at his friend then rolls his eyes.

"Why would I steal he—"

"Because you're jealous, duh."

Shirabu's eyes shoot open and he blushes.

"No, I'm not!"

"Please don't even argue with me. You're so easy to read." With that, Kawanishi walks away to talk to Goshiki, Yamagata, and Ohira. As he leaves, you're able to escape Tendo's grasp and run to Shirabu.

"You did amazing today, Ken-chan! Your sets were perfect!" You give him a wink and two thumbs up.

Shirabu blushes at your cute expression and turns away.

"My sets were normal." Although he didn't sound happy, he couldn't deny that his heart was racing and jumping in happiness. Whenever you spoke to him, he always felt like you gave him your undivided attention and it made him feel so special. However, Shirabu tries to put that excitement feeling aside, telling himself that you probably were just the type of person to give your undivided attention to everyone.

-

When you guys arrive back at school, everyone is tired and pooped. Like usual, you ask Shirabu if he wanted to head to his dorm first before heading to the cafeteria to eat dinner. Shirabu answers with a simple nod as you guys walk towards the dorms. After you both drop off your stuff, you meet up again to head to the cafeteria.

"The other boys aren't going to eat with us?" you ask when you see that none of the boys are in the cafeteria.

Shirabu sweats. Truth is, the boys made sure to eat an early dinner instead of going to the dorms first to give you both alone time--Tendo's idea.

"I guess not," Shirabu shrugs.

As you both get your dinners and sit down, it's you who is doing most of the talking. Shirabu then remembers the incident that happened earlier this morning with Oikawa.

"So..." Shirabu interrupts your talking, "You used to like Oikawa?"

You freeze and swallow your food. Taking a deep but shaky breath, you open your mouth to speak.

"It's nothing really. He's just my ex boyfriend."

Shirabu's eyes widened. Oikawa was someone he looked up to and admired since middle school, so it was surprising to see that you "downgraded" to someone like him.

You notice his expression and can immediately tell what he's thinking.

"He sucked as a boyfriend and has a bad heart; so don't think that just because he's good as a setter, he's good at everything else," you say.

"A bad heart?" Shirabu repeats. He didn't want to pressure you to tell him about your past relationship with Oikawa, but curiosity got the best of him.

You sigh and look down.

"W-when I'm ready, I'll tell you. Right now... It's kind of personal." This was the first time--aside from the time when you spoke about your parents--you wanted to avoid talking about a topic. To Shirabu, you were always willing to talk about anything and express how you feel--whether it'd be positive or negative. Seeing you so down, instead of angry, was new to him and it was irritating that he couldn't help you. However, it seemed like the thing you needed most was time and patience from him.

"Of course, F/n-san. Take your time and don't feel pressured to tell me. I'll be here for you," Shirabu genuinely says and places a hand on your hand that's resting on the table. Yes, he wasn't expecting him to do that either; so, he quickly removed his hand once he realized. Before he can completely do so though, you grab it.

"Thank you, Kenjiro... I really appreciate everything you say and do." Smiling, looking deep into his eyes, and rubbing his hand with your thumb made Shirabu weakkkkkkk.

"N-no problem!!" Shirabu squeaks then goes back to eating as you laugh at his expression.

-

After eating, you guys walk back to the dorms together until it is time for you guys to separate.

"Well... I'll see you tomorrow, F/n-san." Shirabu waves.

"I'll see you tomorrow, Ken-chan! It was enjoyable watching you and the boys play today!" you say and wave back. As you two are about to leave, you stop--wanting to get something off of your chest. Turning around, you run towards Shirabu's back and hug him from behind--surprising him.

"W-wha--"

"I just want to say thank you," you say into his back. "I don't know what I would've done if you weren't there when I saw Oikawa. You made me feel secured and your patience means everything to me."

'This is why I like you,' you think this last part to yourself, knowing that he didn't have feelings for you and it wouldn't be the most appropriate time to say. Shirabu grabs your hands and turns to face you.

"Of course. You don't need to thank me." Shirabu gives you his rare smiles that can't help but make your heart flutter. "Goodnight, F/n-san."

"Goodnight, Ken-chan."

A/N:

Happy birthday to our mama, Suga!! 💋💗

Date: 13 June 2020