𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒍/𝒏 𝒇𝒂𝒎𝒊𝒍𝒚

Staring hesitantly at your large front door, Shirabu can feel your nervous aroma. So, he reassuringly takes hold of your hand.

"Don't worry. I'll be here for you." Shirabu gives you his rare smiles which easily lifts your heart.

"Thank you, Ken-chan," you say before opening the door and entering with Shirabu.

"My daughter and her friend are finally here!" your mom excitedly says in a fake voice which causes you both to sweat drop. Your dad suddenly appears which gives Shirabu shivers.

"H-hello, Mr. and Mrs. L/n, my name is--"

"Shirabu Kenjiro. I know. You're one of the smartest students at Shiratorizawa and also plays as the official setter on the volleyball team that is a usual candidate for nationals in the Miyagi prefecture," your dad interrupts Shirabu.

"D-did you stalk him or something, dad?!" you yell as he sighs.

"I just need to make sure my daughter is making friends with the right people, F/n. I think you should really take some notes from Shirabu-san. Your grades aren't looking really good," he points out which causes an invisible arrow to go through your head.

"You mean she should've taken some notes," your mom adds. This catches both of your attention. "Well, let's sit down for dinner; shall we?" Mrs. L/n goes back to her weird cheerful-self. Hesitantly, you both follow them into the dinning room. However, before you both enter, you grab Shirabu's arm.

"Don't be too intimidated by what they say. Although we bump heads a lot, they do care for me in the end and they won't do anything to hurt you, okay? So please don't take whatever they say too seriously," you try to ease Shirabu as he nervously nods.

"I-I'll try."

-

"W-what?!" you yell and stand in your chair besides Shirabu who stares at his plate. His stomach quickly lost its appetite.

"You heard me, F/n," Mr. L/n bluntly responds as he continues to eat his meal as if he had just not said anything weird or upsetting.

"I-I can't, dad. I don't want to leave Shiratorizawa," you try to plead.

"F/n, you need to grow up," Mrs. L/n intervenes. "As our daughter, we need someone to eventually take over our business and that's your job." You bite your lip and avert your eyes to look down at a silent Shirabu.

"I will take over the business!" This surprises the other three knowing that you were never interested in business. "But please," you continue, "Let me continue school at Shiratorizawa. I can learn her--"

"You can't learn about the business here, F/n. In Tokyo, we have about ten different buildings and our largest hotel there. It's a lot of information you're going to have to take in and learn. First hand experience is also better. We just want you to succeed in life," your dad lectures as your fists tighten on your utensils.

"You mean you just want me to succeed for you," you mumble but it's loud enough for them all to hear.

"Say that agai--" your mom commands but you interrupt her by completely standing up and taking Shirabu's hand.

"We're going back to the dorms. Thank you for the meal," you emotionlessly bid goodbye and drag Shirabu out of the door.

Once you guys are gone, your parents sigh.

"When did she become so rebellious?" your mom asks herself as your dad chuckles a bit.

"She inherited it from you," he jokes which causes irk marks to appear on Mrs. L/n's forehead. As you both quietly get back to Shiratorizawa, Shirabu parks his bike and continues to walk you to your dorm.

'She's moving to Tokyo right now? But I just realized my feelings for her and finally am in a relationship with her,' he thinks to himself then looks at you. Your entire face was droopy and you were in deep thought. Or you were either in a daze. 'I shouldn't be feeling bad! She's the one in a worse situation,' Shirabu thinks to himself and notices you both reached your building. Confidently, he grabs your waist and pulls you into a sudden hug. "Don't worry about moving to Tokyo, okay? I'll still be here for you," he caringly says as he strokes your hair. Finally snapping out of your daze, you tightly grip onto his shirt and dig your face into his shoulder.

"I know that... but I'm starting to finally find happiness again... My happiness is here with the team, Kira-chan, Haruka sensei, and you," you cry as his heart breaks hearing you so destructed.

"I know... I'm sorry this all had to happen to you, F/n," he apologizes. You both stay in that position until you finally decide to go wash up. Shirabu stands there for a while as his body feels unsettled. Suddenly, he runs to his bike and drives out of campus once more.

-

"Who's here so lat--Oh, Kenjirou-kun. What brings you here again?" Mrs. L/n asks as she sits on the couch in front of Shirabu who's sweating balls.

"I-I had a request!"

"If it's about letting F/n finish school at Shiratorizawa, then no," she immediately responds.

"W-well... I just wanted to explain from F/n's point of view, Mrs. L/n," Shirabu stutters before taking a deep breath. "I haven't known F/n for a long time--in fact, I just met her a few months ago--however, I've learned a lot about her the closer we became... she's been lonely for the past few years and the only friend she had was Tachi-san... She recently just told me that she's finally found happiness."

"And?" Mrs. L/n boredly asks which irritates Shirabu.

"Although, F/n really really loves you both, Mrs. L/n, the reason for her loneliness is because of the lack of her parents' attention and your guys' high expectations. I don't mean to be disrespectful, but I really care for F/n. She's shown me a lot of things that I didn't even know and has shown me to love myself. However, she can't even bring herself to completely love who she is because she's forced to keep up a reputation and do things that she's not even passionate about--"

"What do you know about our parenting style and what's best for her? You're just a kid yourself! I think you should leav--"

"Please, Mrs. L/n! At least allow her to stay until we finish nationals!" Shirabu pleads which calms your mom a bit. After a minute of silence, Mrs. L/n finally decides to speak.

"Until you guys lose at nationals... Right when your team loses, she's packing to move to Tokyo." Mrs. L/n avoids eye contact with Shirabu.

"Thank you for listening to what I have to say and a-accepting my request, Mrs. L/n... I'll be leaving now."

A/N:

I drew Kita and he's just the cutest when he smiles!! It literally lights up my world. 🥺💖

 🥺💖

P.S.
I'm sorry if this chapter sucks! 😔 I feel like I'm not satisfied with this story anymore and really want to just go back and change a lot of things. 😓 Might do that when I finish the story!

Thank you for reading though. If you still are. 🥺💋💗

Date: 21 July 2020