𝒈𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒐 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝒚𝒐𝒖

"Wahhhhh, you are so knowledgeable, Ken-chan!" you honestly compliment as you wipe your sweat with your hand. "It was a great idea to move these over here rather than keeping them next to this big plant." Shirabu just blushes at your 100th compliment. He just can't help it because he's never received so much acknowledgement in his life. When he looks up, he sees that you have dirt on your cheek. Unconsciously, he walks over, takes off his glove, and wipes the dirt off of your cheek. Time freezes for the both of you. You turn into a tomato and steam starts coming out. "W-what was that for, K-Ken-chan???!" You weren't used to Shirabu giving you skinship. Usually, you would be the one doing it. However, whenever he did it, it never failed to make your heart explode. Shirabu is surprised by his own actions.

"C-calm down! You just had some dirt on your face. It was annoying me how dirty you looked," Shirabu comes up with an excuse. You fall for his excuse and calm down, but are a little disappointed that he didn't do it for you. You then look at the time and see that it's already 5:30pm.

"We should stop and eat some dinner," you suggest as Shirabu agrees. "What would you like to eat, Ken-chan?" you ask. Shirabu hesitates.

"I can just eat at home," he says but you immediately shake your head.

"What's your favorite food?" you ask.

"I don't have a favorit--"

"Liar! Satori senpai already told me actually, so you don't need to tell me," you laugh and skip out of the green house with him following you.

"Tendo-san probably doesn't even kno-"

"Shirasu, am I right?" you interrupt him again as his eyes widen.

"How did you--"

"Because we did our research," you interrupt him, once again, and give him a big smile. "I will cook for you tonight!!" He gives you a suspicious look.

"You cook?" he asks as you nod.

"I know how to do a lot of things, Ken-chan. I mean, I did bake you a cake," you say as you both enter the big house. Shirabu thinks to himself and realizes that you did know how to do a lot of incredible things. For someone who is rich, you seemed very independent and down-to-earth. It was surprising for him. "Would you like to help me cook shirasu, Ken-chan?"

"Um, sure. I'm not too good at cooking though," Shirabu confesses. You laugh.

"No worries! It won't be hard," you say and smile. 'Today's going so perfectly. I hope it never ends,' you think to yourself as you walk into your walk-in fridge. Shirabu can't help but continue to be amazed. Once you guys are prepared to cook, you give him instructions as he obediently listens the entire time. It was like he was a puppy following his owner's orders. Shirabu couldn't help but feel so excited learning how to make his favorite dish. You could easily see the happiness in his eyes and it made you feel warm inside. 'He's definitely something different,' you think to yourself as you watch him concentrate on his tasks. After you guys are done cooking, you both set up the table. Shirabu drools a little bit when he looks at the finished product on the table.

"Let's eat!" Shirabu says with excitement as you laugh.

"Alright!"

"Thank you for the food!" you both say then start to dig in. You wait for Shirabu to take the first bite. When he does, his eyes sparkle.

"This is amazing, F/n-san!" he happily exclaims and takes more bites. You're taken back a bit by his reaction but feel your body warming up.

"Of course, Ken-chan! It's no problem at all!" You smile and dig in as well. This was a new reaction from him and it made you really happy knowing that he was opening up to you.

"Do you usually cook for yourself?" Shirabu asks after a while of eating.

"I usually do, but sometimes, my chefs do too. I actually learned from them when I was younger."

"That's amazing," Shirabu comments.

"What is?"

"Chefs, maids, this house!!" Shirabu looks around your dining room.

"I guess?" you bitterly laugh but continue to have a small smile on your face. Shirabu doesn't fail to notice this. Then, something suddenly pops in his head.

"Where are your parents?" he asks. You tense up for a second then relax.

"They are overseas at the moment for work. They aren't usually home," you answer and bring your focus to your food. Shirabu senses that this was a sensitive topic since you would usually give your full attention to him whenever you guys talked.

"Oh... I see," Shirabu says and awkwardly continues to eat. However, it seems like you both are now just eating to ignore the awkward atmosphere. "I'm sorry for asking you that ques--"

"It's okay, Ken-chan," you reassure him with a smile, "you didn't know." Shirabu can't help but continue to feel guilty.

"I-If you ever feel lonely..." Shirabu rubs his neck and blushes. "Y-you can call me and we can talk or something over the weekend!" Your eyes widen at his suggestion and warmth returns to your body. You smile.

"Thank you, Kenjiro-kun. I will do so then!" you happily say, feeling a lot better. Shirabu lets out a little smile seeing how happy you looked. After you both finished eating, it was now time for Shirabu to go home.

"Would you like us to drop you off home?" you ask. Shirabu shakes his head.

"No, it's alright. I can go on my own," Shirabu says, "plus, you've already done enough."

"What?" you tilt your head in confusion. "What did I do?" Shirabu lets out a little chuckle which makes your stomach flutter.

"You gave me such a fun day today." Shirabu gives you a toothy smile. If you could, you would take a picture of his face but Shirabu immediately realizes and blushes.

"C-cute!"

"Stop, please!" Shirabu blushes at your bluntness. You just return a toothy smile.

"I had such a fun day with you too, Ken-chan! Thanks for this awesome date!" Shirabu turns even redder at the word, date.

"This wasn't a d-d-date!"

"Sure, Ken-chan!" You lean towards his face and give him a smirk which makes his lean back. "I'll see you on Monday! Get back home safely, Ken-chan!" You turn around and wave at him.

"S-see you on Monday," he pushes his lips together and waves. Once he is out of sight from your house, he bends down and covers his face. Shirabu lets out a groan and his face heats up. 'Why is my stomach doing flips?'

A/N:

Lol, telling myself not to start a new story since I haven't finished my three stories yet. BUTTTT I just have so much ideas for storiesssssss. 😩 These Haikyuu babies are everything. 🥺

Date: 7 June 2020