𝒘𝒆'𝒓𝒆 𝒈𝒐𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒐 𝒘𝒊𝒏

"Guys, I need to ask you all for a favor," Shirabu calls out to the boys in the changing rooms.

"What is it, Shirabu?" Ushijima asks as the boys stop what they're doing and listen.

"I want to win nationals..."

"Pft," Tendou laughs, "That's it, Kenjiro?" Shirabu looks up at Tendou with a serious face.

"Once we lose at nationals, F/n's parents are forcing her to move to Tokyo," Shirabu finishes which quiets down the others. Ushijima just finishes what he's doing and swings his duffle bag over his shoulder.

"I never planned on losing at nationals anyway. Let's win, for us and F/n," Ushijima says which fires up the other members.

"Hai!"

-

"Wahhhh, we're going to be staying at your hotel again, F/n senpai?!" Goshiki excitedly chirps as you proudly nod.

"Well, it's not MY hotel," you correct, "It's my parents..." The air becomes awkward until Shirabu interrupts it.

"Let's go together, F/n. I can walk you to your room." He puts a hand on your shoulder which causes hearts and sparkles to appear in your eyes.

"Y-yes, please, Ken-chan!" As you both are walking, hand in hand, to your room, you immediately let go when you see someone very familiar.

"F/n-chan, is that you?" the woman calls out and walks towards you. "I haven't seen you in so long! How have you been?" It was your mother's assistant who was also a good family friend.

"H-hi, Ms. Yuki. I have been well; what about you?" you stutter, knowing that it was odd for her to be here. If she was here, then most likely your mom would be too. Shirabu looked down at his hand, slightly in annoyance that it was now cold, but he tried to ignore the feeling.

"I've been good... Is this your boyfriend?" Ms. Yuki points at Shirabu which causes you both to blush.

"U-umm. Uhhh," you hesitate which causes her to chuckle.

"I won't tell your mom! No worries." She winks and is about to leave when you speak up.

"I-Is my mom here?" you ask as Ms. Yuki gives a smile.

"She's not here today, but she might be coming in a few days to check up on the hotel," she answers. "I'll see you later, F/n-chan. Good luck on the tournament." Ms. Yuki waves before leaving you two. Once she's gone, Shirabu looks back at you and sweat drops.

"Are you okay?" he asks. Your face was pale and it looked like life was sucked out of you.

"I-I think I'll be okay." You hesitantly nod as he grabs your hand once more.

"We'll win! Don't worry, F/n," Shirabu says before suddenly pulling you into a hug. "I won't let you go without a fight." This warms your heart and butterflies flutter in your stomach.

"Thank you, Kenjiro."

NEXT DAY

"T-THERE'S SO MUCH PEOPLE!" Goshiki exclaims once you all enter the gymnasium. It was the first day of nationals and everyone was nervous... especially you.

"I think I have to go use the bathroom," you hesitantly say as you hold your stomach. Shirabu turns to look at you in shock.

'She's unusually nervous,' Shirabu thinks to himself as he observes you. "Would you like me to go with you? You might get lost." You shake your head and tighten your grasp on your hands.