𝒊 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒃𝒂𝒄𝒌

Your legs bounce up and down as you're sitting on the bus next to Shirabu. Shirabu notices this and it starts to irritate him.

"Can you stop it, F/n-san? You're shaking is annoying me," he says and turns to see your horrified face. "What's wrong?" Shirabu's expression suddenly softens a little bit, thinking that maybe he was being a little too harsh. You continue to stare straight but answer.

"I-I.... I'm nervous," you honestly answer which surprises Shirabu.

"But you aren't even playing?" he asks. You shake your head and turn to look at him.

"I know that I shouldn't be as nervous as you guys, but," you pause before you continue, "I really want to be able to win with you guys, as a team." Shirabu's eyes widen before he relaxes.

"Don't worry... We're a strong team and we'll win all of the matches," Shirabu confidently says and turns to stare out the window which calms your nerves a little bit.

"You're right," you confidently whisper.

-

Once you guys reach the gym, you all grab your belongings before heading inside.

"Why is he looking at me?" You push your lips together and puff your cheeks. Shirabu looks at where your eyes are directed and sees it's on the golden moon. Without any warning, Shirabu chuckles a bit which catches your attention. 'He...' "You laughed," you say in a stunned voice. Shirabu immediately takes off his smile.

"I wasn't. You're just imagining it," he says while trying to walk ahead of you. You run to his side and touch his sleeve.

"You laughed!" you repeat and grin with happiness. "This... This is the first time I've made you laugh!!" you cheer and shake his arm. Shirabu blushes at the skinship and your happy reaction.

"I didn't! Plus, if I did, it's not a big deal," he tries to come up with excuses that fail.

"You look so cute when you laugh. Please, let me hear it again!" You hug his arm against your chest. Shirabu is now a cherry.

"Stop it! You're being annoying!"

"I'm so hap--" Before you can finish your sentence, you look forward to see Ushijima talking to the last guy you wanted to see. Shirabu notices how quiet you are and looks down to see your lifted eyebrows and slightly opened mouth.

"What's wro--"

"F/n-chan? Is that you?" a high pitched voice asks. Your eyes widen in horror as Shirabu turns his head to see the setter he once admired in middle school.

"O-oikawa-san," you stutter. Oikawa leaves Ushijima behind and walks towards you and Shirabu. He quickly gives Shirabu a glare--noticing how you were holding onto him--before looking down at you with a smile.

"I missed you, F/n-chan! We haven't been in contact lately," Oikawa pouts as you and Shirabu grimace. Continuing to hold onto Shirabu's arm, you straighten your back and change your face expression.

"That's the point. I don't ever want you to talk to me again." Shiratorizawa's eyes widened at your change of voice. It was harsh, just like the time you were mad at Shirabu.

"W-was that F/n-chan who spoke?" Tendo whispers to the other third years who shrug, also confused.

"That's so rude, F/n-chan!" Oikawa whines and places a hand on his chest. His expression then changes to a smirk. "I want you back." How easy it was for him to just boldly say what he wants like a prince. That was what made you furious the most.

"Too bad I don't want you. You can't always get what you want... Mostly if you're trash." Tendo lets out an 'oooohhhhh' as everyone else stares in shock. Mostly Shirabu, he was so confused but wanted to understand so badly. He could also tell that even though you spoke confidently and bravely, your hands were gripping his sleeves so tightly that they were shaking.

"E-eh? Trash??? Now don't be so mean to your lover!" This word catches Shirabu's attention.

"Lover?" you scoff, "Don't be so full of yourse--"

"But it's true," Oikawa shrugs then bends down to your height. "I'm serious when I say I want you back." He tries to lean his face closer to you before Shirabu pulls you behind him--irritated by Oikawa.

"Just leave and stop harassing her," Shirabu scowls. Oikawa is caught off guard before returning to his chirpy self.

"Is this little guy your boyfriend, F/n-chan?" Oikawa asks but receives no answer from you two. "Whatever, it doesn't matter. I'll win against Shiratorizawa and get you back." He makes eye contact with you one more time before leaving. The air was filled with awkwardness.

"Let's go prepare," Ushijima interrupts the tension as everyone agrees and starts walking towards their destination. You and Shirabu continue to stay in place as your face is buried into his shoulder. Seeing how vulnerable you were made his heart heavy.

"Come on, F/n. Let's go too." He didn't know what to say. As he is about to walk, you stop him.

"I... I want to win!" You look into his eyes. Shirabu softens and nods.

"We will! Don't worry, okay?" Shirabu places a hand on your head to comfort you. "And... I'll be here for you."

'To protect you.'

A/N:

You best believe that I'ma put the cocky setter in this story. If my trashykawa is not the main character, he gonna be the side character!! Even if he needs to be a jerk who actually has a beautiful heart. 🥺

He's going to SOMEHOW be in EVERY story.....

OKAY?

hehe. 🥰 love you guys💋

Date: 10 June 2020