𝒄𝒐𝒐𝒍 𝒔𝒆𝒎𝒊𝒑𝒂𝒊

You didn't know how to feel hearing his confession. Should you forgive him or not? What would be the smart thing to do?

You exhale, "I'm glad to hear you honestly say the truth, but I don't want to just give in so quickly. Hence, I don't think I've completely forgiven you; it might take some time." Yes, it hurt when you said you didn't forgive him, but what did he expect? Shirabu hesitantly nods.

"I won't ignore you completely though, Kenjiro-kun. So, don't think that I hate you because I don't. Don't be too bothered by this and continue focusing on volleyball and school, okay?"

-

Yeah, your assurance didn't help at all. He wasn't doing as good in school or volleyball. Shirabu didn't listen to lectures for the rest of the week and he didn't do his homework assignments. Instead, Kawanishi—who would usually ask Shirabu for the answers—had been giving Shirabu his homework to copy.

"You really need to get yourself together, Kenjiro! It's not like she hates you," Kawanishi tries to tell his roommate and friend who just sulks.

"If this keeps up, you'll be replaced by Semi-san!" He continues as Shirabu just shrugs.

Being replaced didn't bother him at the moment but knowing that your guys' relationship could potentially end bothered him. It's not like he romantically liked you—he thinks—but it was the fact that he had totally misunderstood you and assumed that you were like his ex girlfriend who only wanted to play around with people's feelings.

-

After practice, everyone went to the locker rooms to change but Semi and you. This had started to become a routine for the two of you and Shirabu knew that.

"Why do you practice so much, Eita senpai?" You ask as Semi is getting ready to practice his serves.

He hesitates, "Well, I was originally the setter before Shirabu joined this year and replaced me. The only thing I can do now is practice my hardest if I want to be able to play in games... With my serves, I'll be able to play. That's why I stay to practice more." Your eyes widen; you never knew any of this information.

You smile, "That's admirable of you, Eita senpai." He turns to look at you in shock.

"You don't pity me?" You shake your head.

"It's sad, yes, but I think it's more cool and inspiring. I would like to be like that too."

He blushes a bit and turns away.

"You kind of are like that," he says, "even when you were rejected by Shirabu, you didn't give up completely and continued doing your best."

Now it was your time to blush, "I guess that's true."

It was quiet for a while since he was practicing until he decided to take a break and sat next to you.

"Shirabu hasn't been doing good this whole week," Semi starts, "did you guys not solve your guys' problem?"

You turn to look at him then look away.

"I-I... We did talk about it, but I told him that I didn't forgive him completely and didn't want to talk to him like usual," you say.

He nods, understandingly, "I understand that, but I think what's troubling him is that he's afraid that your guys' relationship--whatever that may be--might end since he messed up."

You look at your senpai with shocked eyes, "Really?" Semi puts his hands underneath his chin and thinks. Semi shrugs.

"I think that may be it. Shirabu is very essential to our team and I acknowledge his talent, so it frustrates me that he's being troubled."