𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒑𝒐𝒘𝒆𝒓 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒇𝒐𝒙𝒆𝒔

"I don't understand why this is your concer--"

"Of course I'm concerned," Haruka interrupts, "She's my student, but on top of it all, she's my cousin. I care for her and have seen her attitude change at school. She honestly looks so much livelier now-a-days."

"Well, she's always been lively, Haruka. You just haven't seen her enough," your mom says back. Haruka stares in disbelief.

"What do you even mean?" he asks, "you hardly even come back home to see her." What he says causes both of your parents to be quiet.

Your mom hesitantly sighs. "We just want her to be happy," she confesses. Behind her rudeness and thick skin, she really does just love you and wants you to also have a good and healthy future. Growing up, her parents didn't openly show her love and it eventually grew on your mom to give you tough love by just providing you with needs and wants instead of attention and affection.

Knowing that he couldn't change their minds, Haruka just sighs. "At least one of their games," he says as your parents curiously look at him, "just watch at least one of their games and you'll see a new side of F/n."

-

In fear, you tightly grip your clipboard to the point it could break. You guys had been going back and forth with the other team on match point for a while now.

'Please, just drop the ball!!' you beg as you stare at the opposing team. As if your prayers have been heard, Ushijima gets the last hit and it successfully lands on their side. "YES!" you cheer as the others cheer as well. Shirabu happily runs to you as you hand him a towel and water. "Great job, Ken-chan! You were amazing--like always." You grin as he blushes.

"D-don't say it so bluntly," he grumbles and drinks from his bottle. Secretly, he loved every compliment you gave him and always hoped for you to watch him more than the other players during games.

Successfully, Shiratorizawa had survived day two of nationals but tomorrow would be an even tougher game as Washijo sensei says. You guys were going against Inarizaki. As the boys went to go rest in the hotel, you stayed behind at the gym.

"Why are you staying, F/n? You might get lost," Shirabu slightly whines while trying to not show his pouty side. Seeing how cute he was acting almost made you change your mind, but you stayed strong.

"Don't worry, Ken-chan! I'll be with Eita-kun. You played three full sets the whole time! You need to rest for tomorrow's game," you explain as he pouts.

"Fine... Just stay safe and stay near Semi-san," he grumbles one last time before sadly letting go of your hand. 'Who knows how long I'll be able to hold you from now on?'

Like you said, Semi and you stayed at the gym to observe Inarizaki's game. Thankfully, you had done some research on them and was able to give it to Washijo sensei to help the team strategize. However, you had never actually seen them play. Ushijima and the other third years saw their first game. As you and Semi get comfortable on the stands, you immediately take out your clipboard and start writing down notes.

"Wow, when did you start acting like a real manager?" Semi teases.

"What do you mean? I've always been acting like one!" you pout as he chuckles.

"Well, not in the beginning," he says, "you first came as a fan!" Blushing, you just go back to your notes.

"Don't tease me! It was worth it."

Suddenly, loud screams and cheers are heard from the Inarizaki student section and it's Atsumu's turn to serve.

"That guy has a nasty serve," Semi comments and starts to give his entire attention to the court. Seeing how worried Semi looks, you immediately focus on him as well. Atsumu decides to serve a jump floater and the other team misses it.