35. The talk

"Cayaaaa my loooovees! I'm gonna go somewhere!" Kianna said

Hindi na niya hinintay ang sasabihin ko at mabilis siyang umalis ng room. I was plopped on my bed when she said that.

We are currently staying in one of the hotels here in Iloilo. Our flight got cancelled because of bad weather so it was rescheduled tomorrow.

I got up from bed and went to see if it's still raining. Hindi na. But the sky is still gloomy. Hindi na ako bumalik sa bed at dumiretso sa banyo para maghilamos. I already showered earlier so no need to take another. I'm wearing a sleeveless black shirt under my gray hoodie and a black leggings. I paired it with my gladiator sandals which I bought here in the city when we head back last night. I just tied my hair in a bun then picked up my phone and wallet from the table.

I decided to stroll around the mall. I'm pretty confident that I won't get lost since the mall is just across the road. No sweat.

After I got out and locked the door, I pressed the elevator button. And while waiting, I saw a figure move on my side so I glanced.

I gave him a small smile when he went straight to my direction and stopped when we were just like half meter away. Meaning, we're kinda close! And so, my stupid heart haywired again. I bit the inside of my cheeks and slowly exhaled.

When the elevator door opened, he gestured to me to go in first then he followed. The ride was silent but he broke it afterwards.

"Going somewhere?"

I nodded. "Mall. Just gonna stroll around,"

"Can I come with you?"

Nagulat ako sa sinabi niya. I mean, we're kind of friends now, right? After the talk on the hanging bridge? So maybe it's just normal if he wants to tag along with me?

"Its okay if you don't ---"

"Of course! You may." I cut him off. Maybe he thought I didn't want to when I wasn't able to immediately answer him which is partly true. Kinda awkward but it's bearable.

Maybe I looked uneasy, that's why?

When we reached the ground floor, we walked towards the exit and after a few minutes of walking, we climbed the stairs. It was connected to the mall which is just across the highway.

"I'm going to buy delicacies, how about you?" I asked him

"I'll buy too," he answered

I raised a brow but didn't question him. I already know where the store is located since Kianna and I went here last night. I already bought two boxes but I think it wasn't enough.

Kumuha ako ng basket saka kumuha ng ilang packs ng piaya. This is my favorite among all! Super! I love both the ube and natural piaya flavour! Also, the manager told me it taste best when heated!

Soooo, aside from batchoy, piaya is my favorite! Also, a fellow doctor of ours gave us yesterday a styro box full of siomai! It was the best tasting siomai I ever had! I swear! I think it was from ...Janiuay? I forgot the name of the place but it sounded something like that.

And she also suggested a local batchoy house in Sta. Barbara, which, according to her, can compete with the famous La paz batchoy since she found out my love for batchoy. I wanted to go there but we don't have time soooo, maybe next time then?

My basket was already full of piaya so I grabbed another basket. I didn't complain when South got hold of my fully loaded basket.

I know there is also a piaya store in Manila but alam mo 'yon? Parang iba talaga ang lasa 'pag sa original place ka bumili. Although piaya is originally from Bacolod, not Iloilo. Ah, basta. Importante magkalapit ang dalawang lugar. Mas malayo Manila, e.