19. Black and white

"Oh, come on! That's unfair!" Storm whined like a child.

"Unfair -unfair ka dyan! Tigilan mo nga ako sa kadramahan mo, Alexus." sabad ni Ate Xianna habang nakatutok ang atensyon sa screen. I smiled because Ate still has an accent when speaking Tagalog.

Storm acted as if he's zipping his mouth and then pouted. They were playing xbox. While Kuya Alexander, sweet Lili and I, are just watching.

After that uneventful night, Storm and Izaac didn't bring up the topic to our cousins. They just silently comforted me and they stayed with me 'til morning. Then when morning came, both of them spoiled me through shopping.

Ps. They hate shopping. It's annoying and a waste of time (according to them).

"Boooo! You lose! You motherfather fucking loser!" mura ni Kianna nang matalo niya sina Storm. She even raised up high, her middle finger. Yep, that's how happy she is.

"You cheated again!"

"I DID not! Just admit that you're a sour loser!" depensa ni Kianna sa sarili

Napailing na lang ang mga boys sa kanya. Of course, we know it all. You mess with Kianna when she's soaring high, you'd definitely go straight, digging a hole for your own grave.

"Yoko na!" Suko ni Mikael

"Hoy! Hoy! Di pa nga tayo finish eh!" tutol kaagad ni Ate Xixi

"Ang duga!"

"Teka!"

"Alat!"

"Hey," tawag ni sweet Lili. Kaagad akong napalingon sa kanya.

"Yep?"

"Can we get out of here?"

"Sure," Tumayo ako saka pumunta sa likod ng wheelchair niya.

"You lose again!" hiyaw ni Kianna

"Come on! Pay up! Pay up!"

"Not my car!"

"Duh!"

They're so loud. Sumama sa amin si Kuya Alexander palabas. Siya na ang nagtulak ng wheelchair ni sweet Lili. Pumunta kami sa veranda. Kaagad dumampi sa balat ko ang malamig na simoy ng hangin.

"Are you cold? Do you want me to get you another sweater?" tanong ko sa kanya. She's already wearing a thick long sleeve coat. Madali na kasi siyang lamigin.

"Hindi na, ayos na 'to." Nakangiting sabi niya. Sinandal niya ang braso sa railings habang nakatingala sa langit.

She looked so peaceful.

"I like being here," she trailed. "I wanted to go to Palawan but mom and dad won't allow me because of my condition."

"But ... we've been to Palawan last year, ah?" pagtataka ko

"I just want to visit it ... one more time." sagot niya. "Palawan is one of the best places. Not only because of the amazing view .. but because it's one of the best trip we ever had."

That was indeed true.

We're not really familiar with the place but it wasn't a hindrance to us. It was one of our ..unexpected trips. Ate Xianna was a messed that time. Kaka-break lang nila ni Kuya Khairro 'non. Hindi namin siya makausap ng matino at nagkukulong lang sa kwarto. At nang lumabas siya, ang una niyang sinabi ay gusto niyang magbakasyon. Pupunta sana kami ng Italy dahil andun si grandpa but our parents won't allow us.

So what we did was, we sneaked out and went to the airport. We weren't even sure where we would be heading. But then, we saw the scheduled flight to Palawan, which is an hour before it will take off. Kaya bumili kaagad kami ng tickets.