27. The pain

Have you ever been, at that one point in your life, when you thought everything was perfect and well?

Let me tell you this,

You're fuck up.

Because in this lifetime, nothing is perfect. One day, you're oozing with happiness, the next day, you weep. That's life.

I don't know. But that's how life goes on in this lifetime. Maybe in the next, it will be different. Let me know about it.

"Fuck!"

I cursed as I maneuvered the car to swerve roughly. I successfully avoided killing myself.

Patuloy pa rin sa pagpatak ang mga luha ko. Tila hindi maubos-ubos. After my nonstop driving, blankly for hours, I decided to stop at the side of the road. Hindi matigil sa pagr-ring ang phone ko kaya ini-off ko ito.

I didn't even have my wallet with me. I turned off the engine and lowered the car's window. Then I leaned on the headrest of my car's seat and just closed my eyes. Nakakapagod.

When I was younger, I kept on wondering why I don't have a sister nor a brother. But I tried to shake it off knowing that most of my cousins are also only child. Baka nga ganun talaga sa family. That was what I thought.

My parents ... akala ko ganun lang talaga sila. Kasi both of them are busy with their own professions. But I also wondered. Kasi iba ang naikukwento ni Mamà --- dad's mom. I remembered her telling me when I was younger how my parents met. She said my parents fell in love at a young age. Married at young age too. Sabi niya, noong una, hindi sila pumayag na maipakasal sila.

They were just 20 ... but my parents proved to them that they can still enjoy life kahit na kasal sila. And they did. They got married and lived a simple life. Until slowly, my mom reached her dreams. And dad, too. And after five years, I was born. She said she is proud of mom kasi nang ipinanganak ako, saktong kakatapos lang ni mommy kumuha ng physician licensure exam.

Yep, she carried me in her womb for nine months .. during her post graduate internship. One of the difficult and stressful years in med school. And she handled it well.

My smile recalling those memories faded as I came back to reality. But then ... My father cheated. Got some women pregnant. Broke my mom's heart.

Kaya ba halos hindi na sila nakatira sa bahay? I sadly smiled. Matagal na palang sira ang pamilya. I just failed to notice it.

Another river of tears fell down from my eyes. My eyes are already swollen. And it hurts. But it seems like I can't stop myself from crying.

I just want to end this pain. And I closed my eyes.

"Kuya! She's moving her hands!"

W-where am I?

I tried to open my eyes but the light blinded me so I closed it again.

"Princess?"

"Cayy ..."

Why am I hearing my cousin's voices? I tried to speak but my throat felt so rough and dry.

And then slowly ... I opened my eyes as it adjusted to the light.

"W--water.." my voice croaked

Tarantang tumango si Storm saka nagsalin ng tubig sa baso. Kuya Alex and Kuya Xian helped me when they saw I'm trying to sit down.

"How are you feeling?"

"Okay ka na ba?"

"May masakit ba sayo?"