||Burning desires||

With a deep, long sigh, Leila removed the last pictures of Emre from her phone. Adjusting her flowy dress, she started walking towards Ceyda's cabin. She was hearing some rumors that a famous actor was coming to their advertisement agency. Their company was collaborating with him for their next ad to be shot.

She barged inside the cabin to spot Ceyda sitting on the chair, running her pen over a notepad. "Miss Ceyda, should I get the conference room ready after lunch?" Leila asked, squinting her eyes.

Ceyda raised her face at her, and her eyes darted to the corner. Leila followed the direction to see a very handsome man sitting on the sofa with crossed legs. His leathery jacket lying on his lap. His gaze was fixated on Leila, who almost gasped. Confusion etched on her face.

"Ah, Leila, perfect timing!" Ceyda exclaimed, gesturing towards the man. "This is Osman Goni, the famous actor we'll be working with. Osman, this is Leila, one of our top account executives."

Leila smiled bowing a bit before Osman,"Thank you Mr. Osman, our company is honoured to be graced by your presence"

"Leila......"his voice trailed in a very casual way. "Why are you acting like you don't know me?"

"Sorry?"Leila was flabbergasted before she was hit by bricks. She almost had her legs trembling when she realised who the man was. Osman,her neighbour and her childhood friend. She almost gawked to see him completely changed from top to toe. Osman had left for his career and now he was back successful. Leila wasn't interested in the entertainment factor so she was left cut out from the news that Osman was presently the biggest and the most sought out actor in Turkey.

Osman was surprised to see Leila too. He always had a thing for her which never faded for once even after he became a superstar. He could spot the sadness mingling with her beauty. All those feelings he had suppressed for decades came overflowing as he said,"Nothing changed Leila ......"

Leila felt the heat rise to her cheeks as she realized her mistake. "Osman! I...I didn't recognize you at first. It's been so long." She gave a nervous laugh, mentally kicking herself for not putting the pieces together sooner.

Osman chuckled, the familiar warmth in his eyes putting her at ease. "It's alright, Leila. I know I've changed a lot since we were kids running around the neighborhood." He stepped closer, the hint of a smile playing on his lips. "I have to say, I'm impressed with how poised and professional you've become. Your company is doing amazing work."

Leila tucked a stray lock of hair behind her ear, suddenly feeling self-conscious. "Thank you. We've been working hard. But enough about me - look at you! A big shot actor. I can hardly believe it."

"Believe it," Osman said with a wink. "Though I have to admit, I miss the simplicity of those childhood days sometimes. The fame and fortune is nice, but it's nothing compared to the memories we made growing up together."

Leila nodded, a wistful smile spreading across her face. "I know exactly what you mean. So much has changed, but I'm glad some things have stayed the same." She reached out and gave his arm a gentle squeeze. "It's really good to see you, Osman."

He covered her hand with his own, his touch warm and familiar. "It's good to see you too, Leila. Who knows, maybe we can catch up over dinner sometime? For old time's sake?"

Leila felt her heartbeat quicken at the suggestion. She was baffled. For her,Osman was her friend in the past but present conditions offered a very subtle differences between them. She felt inferior compared to his status as she felt troubled to gather words,"Yeah.....but it doesn't seem a good idea. You are now a star"

Ceyda scrunched her face at them,"Do you guys know each other?"

Osman smiled looking at Leila who stood nervous,"Yes. We were childhood friends and......."