||Sweet trouble||

Sanem sighed heavily as she plopped down on her bed, the weight of her emotions dragging her down. Why did love have to be so difficult? As she stared dejectedly out the window, her eyes landed on Jan, waving at her from the opposite house. Sanem frowned and quickly closed the curtains, shutting him out.

Sinking further into the mattress, Sanem let the tears flow freely.

"Sweetheart," a gentle voice called out, and Sanem looked up to see her father standing in the doorway, a plate of warm kofte in his hands. Sanem felt a small smile tug at the corner of her lips as she accepted the comforting meal. The familiar flavors and her father's loving presence began to soothe her troubled heart.

Mevkibe then entered the room, carrying a plate of dry fruits. "Here, dear," she said, handing the plate to Sanem. "These are good for the baby. You should eat them."

Sanem nodded gratefully, snatching the plate and digging in. As she savored the sweet and nourishing treats, she felt a sense of warmth and security wash over her. She was glad her family was  there to support her, no matter what obstacles she faced.

Just then, Leila poked her head in. "I'm off to work, guys," she announced. "Try to get some rest, Sanem. Everything will be alright."

"You sure you would be good there? In that Fikri Harika?" he had asked, his voice dripping with disdain. Not for his daughter but that agency. But Leila knew in her heart that this was the right place for her.

She stepped forward and wrapped her father in a warm, reassuring hug. "Yes, I got this job through my own hard work. I've invested so much of myself into this place. How could I just leave and disrespect all that?" she said firmly. "If anyone has to leave, it should be that Mr. Emre Divit!"

Leila turned to her best friend Sanem, who was standing nearby, a look of conflicted emotions on her face. "Is there something you want me to bring you on my way home, baby?" Leila asked, gently patting Sanem's head. "I know the pregnancy hormones are making it hard to decide, but just say the word and I'll get it for you."

Sanem thought for a moment, her brow furrowed. "I'm so confused," she admitted, her eyes shining with unshed tears. "I'm craving so many things, but I can't pick just one. I feel so stupid and overwhelmed!"

Leila pulled Sanem into a comforting hug, stroking her hair soothingly. "Don't worry, it's all part of this amazing journey you're on. I will stop by that little bakery you love on the way? They have all kinds of delectable treats, maybe that will help satisfy those cravings."

Sanem nodded, a grateful smile spreading across her face. "Okay, that sounds perfect. Thank you, Leila. You always know just what I need."

Leila boarded a taxi for Fikri Harika. She stared out the taxi window, her mind drifting back to the days she had spent with Emre. Even two years ago, things had been so different between them. 'I should have known something was off when he approached me out of the blue,' she thought bitterly.

Emre was perhaps the most pathetic human being Leila had ever encountered. She felt overwhelmed by guilt, realizing that her own sister had been trying to protect their family by making sacrifices, yet Leila had been influenced by Emre's words, and was now targeting that same sister.

As the taxi pulled up to the address, Leila's heart sank when she saw Emre standing outside the building, waiting for her. He flashed her a smile, and she uncomfortably shifted in her seat, a wave of disgust washing over her.

Leila took a deep breath and stepped out of the taxi, steeling herself for the confrontation she knew was coming. Emre moved towards her, his eyes filled with a twisted, desperate sort of affection.