||A cerulean confession||

Sanem couldn't shake off the feeling of closeness she had experienced with Jan. She felt his rapid heartbeat and the accidental brush of skin left her legs wobbling. Jan looked strikingly handsome in his black dress, exuding an intimidating aura. As she pondered over this, her phone rang, causing a nervous expression to cloud her face.

It was a call from Yigit.

Yigit, who claimed to be a good friend but consistently made romantic advances, seemed to pressure her into accepting him. Answering the call tentatively, she said, "Hello?!"

"Hi Sanem, if you're free, can we meet for a while? I'm outside Fikri Harika," Yigit's voice came through the phone.

Sanem felt a tinge of disappointment at his presence. Why did Yigit always make everything feel like stalking and coercion?

"Yigit, I have pending work to complete. You know Jan has been busy lately..." she started, trying to decline his invitation.

"Jan Jan Jan... Is he the only thing on your mind? Can't spare 2 minutes of your busy life for me?" Yigit interrupted, his tone impatient.

Firmly, Sanem replied, "I'm sorry, but I can't meet you right now. Can we talk on the phone instead?"

"Fine. Sanem, have you considered resigning from your job?" Yigit suggested.

Shocked, she asked, "What? Yigit, are you serious? You know my circumstances."

"But Sanem, I promised we'd publish your book..." Yigit's voice trailed off.

In a tangle of emotions, Sanem explained, "I have my reasons, Yigit. I can't resign until my debts are cleared. I need money urgently to save my father's shop."

Yigit probed further, "Isn't your sister earning as well?"

Annoyed, Sanem retorted, "Yigit, stop pressuring me. How can I let my sister bear all the responsibilities while I pursue my ambitions?"

Unbeknownst to them, Jan was silently listening to their conversation from his cabin, his blood boiling with anger. Yigit's claim that Sanem was more attracted to her boss than concerned for her family enraged Jan.

"Are you not caring for your family, but are drawn to your Boss, Sanem?" Yigit's words hit her hard.

Sanem was left feeling absolutely awful by Yigit's statement. "How dare you say that? You know he has a girlfriend, and they're about to get married. I'm not even interested in him!"

Jan was hit like a bolt of lightning when he heard her words. Did this mean all those moments when she smiled at him, making him feel special, were just an act? His veins throbbed as he fought the urge to storm into her room and unleash his anger. A sly smile crept across his face—it was clear she was still under his spell. He knew he would have the last laugh, especially with Sanem Aydin.

Walking home, Sanem felt the cold wind piercing through her skin as she pulled her cap tightly.

When they were leaving,she heard that Metin was fired for some unknown reason.

After a long day of toiling under never-ending piles of files, thoughts of heading home and the comfort it offered warmed her stressed heart.