||An unknown threat||

Sanem sat by the window, watching as Jan tossed the basketball effortlessly through the hoop while Aziz spoke to him animatedly. She could tell from their body language that they were still upset about Emre's behavior earlier at dinner. A small sigh escaped her lips.

Just then, Ceyda breezed into the room, a mischievous grin on her face. "Hey babes," she greeted, plopping down on the bed next to Sanem. "I couldn't sleep, so I thought I'd come keep you company."

Sanem smiled warmly at her sister-in-law. "You're always welcome," she said, tucking a stray lock of hair behind her ear.

Ceyda chuckled. "Yeah, but your husband might not be too happy about that," she teased, waggling her eyebrows.

Sanem felt her cheeks flush at the implication, but she couldn't help the affectionate smile that tugged at the corners of her mouth. Jan and Aziz's conversation drifted through the open window, and Sanem found herself wondering what they were discussing. Was Emre's behavior really still upsetting them that much?

"What do you think they're talking about out there?" Ceyda asked, following Sanem's gaze.

Sanem shrugged lightly. "Probably still upset about Emre," she murmured, her brow furrowing slightly.

Ceyda made a sympathetic noise, reaching out to give Sanem's hand a gentle squeeze. "Don't worry, babes," she said reassuringly. "I'm sure it'll all blow over soon. In the meantime, how about we have a little girl talk, hmm?"

Sanem couldn't help but smile, grateful for Ceyda's presence and the distraction she provided. As the two women settled in for a cozy chat, Sanem felt her worries start to melt away, replaced by a sense of contentment and the warm glow of sisterly affection.

Ceydà leaned against the bedpost, "Trust me, babes...my foolish brother is crazy for you."

"It's not like that," Sanem blushed.

Ceydà snorted, "It's more than that. You know, Jan was a bit of a bad guy back in his teens. He was the bully, but he never bullied the weak ones. He was also an anti-romantic guy."

"But he had a girlfriend," Sanem said, hinting about Polen.

Ceydà waved it off. "His engagement with Polen was political. Though he tried to make it work, he hates people who betray him. Good for him that he dumped Polen."

Sanem internally gasped. She knew she had betrayed Jan once. Would he do the same to her? Dump her?

"Sanem, you should keep my brother happy," Ceydà's statement broke her thoughts. Sanem looked at her in confusion as Ceydà added, "Jan had endured so many storms, and you are the rainbow in his life."

Sanem felt guilty as Ceydà sighed and continued, "You saw the news?"

"What news?" Sanem asked, a pit forming in her stomach.

"That...your cousin Fahadh...he's been banished from his position and barred from contesting in the election," Ceydà revealed, her voice heavy.

Fahadh's name sent a wave of disgust rushing through Sanem's body. Ceydà added, "His sex tape with a woman went live. The man is going to have a scarred face forever."

"Good for him," Sanem replied, her tone dripping with contempt. "People like him can never do any good for society."

At that moment, Jan entered the room. Seeing Ceydà, he said, "Are you spoiling my wife again?"

Ceydà stuck her tongue out at him, the candy she was eating turning it a vibrant purple. "Okay, Sanem, goodbye," she said, flirtatiously kissing Sanem's cheek as Jan shot daggers at his sister. Her actions clearly annoyed him, and she scurried out as Jan closed the door, looking at his wife.