||Moth to a fire||

In the opulent streets of Turkey, a sleek and luxurious car glided to a stop in front of the Aiydin household. The grandeur of the vehicle matched the extravagance of its arrival. A woman in her mid-fifties emerged from the car, exuding an air of sophistication as she entered the Aiydin household with an air of nonchalance, as if the world should already know her.

Nihat Aiydin and his wife Mevkibe were taken aback by the unexpected visitor, who cast a disdainful glance around the modest surroundings of their home and uttered, "It's poorer than I thought."

Inquisitive, Nihat inquired, "Excuse me, who are you?"

With an air of authority, the woman removed her glasses and declared, "I am Huma Divit, the mother of Jan Divit."

Nervousness tinged with curiosity gripped Nihat and Mevkibe as they attempted to explain, only to be cut off abruptly by Huma's commanding tone. "Cut it out. Call the bride," she demanded.

Mevkibe wasted no time and summoned Sanem, the bewildered bride-to-be, who descended the stairs in a state of confusion. Huma scrutinized her with a critical eye and commanded, "Hmm... turn back."

Sanem, feeling a mix of insult and discomfort, complied as Huma appraised her appearance, commenting, "Nothing special. Average. So what made my son fall for you? Black magic?"

The insult hit Sanem and Nihat alike, but Mevkibe attempted to placate the situation with sweet words, seeking to charm Huma.

Word travels fast, and soon Jan was at the doorstep, his face a mask of fury. Confronting his mother with indignation, he demanded, "Mother, you went to Sanem's house?"

Acknowledging his presence with a sip of her green tea, Huma coolly responded, "Hmm."

Jan's frustration mounting, he continued, "And you humiliated her?"

Huma, unperturbed, asserted, "It's not humiliation. It's the truth. She lacks allure. What drew you to her?"

Jan's frustration boiled over, his anger palpable. "I love her. Isn't that reason enough for me to marry her?"

With a hint of disapproval, Huma cautioned, "Absolutely... but remember your background. Do not pick up some random rodents."

Nihat's voice echoed with intensity as he expressed his disapproval to Mevkibe, "That woman dared to insult us, insult your daughter, yet you were graciously serving her tea and snacks!"

Mevkibe defended her actions calmly, "She is Jan's mother, a relative. It was simply my duty. Besides, what has your daughter done to warrant such reverence from others?"

Nihat was deeply hurt by her response, "Mevkibe, your lack of empathy has clouded your motherly instincts."

Unable to bear the tension any longer, Sanem decided to take a walk. Along her path, she unexpectedly encountered Yigit. His demeanor was anxious as he exclaimed, "Sanem, is it true that you are marrying Jan?"

Annoyed by his intrusion, Sanem retorted, "Yigit, I've asked you to stay out of my personal life. We are not in a relationship for you to feel betrayed."

Yigit's tone turned solemn, "But Sanem, marrying Jan? Do you not remember your aspirations, his past relationships, and your initial plans?"

In her heart, Sanem knew her options were limited. Yigit's sudden hand on hers startled her, pleading, "Sanem, reconsider this marriage. Don't put yourself through unnecessary pain."

Before Sanem could respond, a commanding voice interrupted, "Leave her!"

Turning towards the sound, both Yigit and Sanem found Jan holding a bouquet of flowers. Yigit was hostile, accusing Jan of following her.