||Decisive groom||

"He is acting strangely around me," Emre muttered, his gaze fixed on the glass of wine in his hand, his expression blank. Aiyleen felt a flicker of annoyance pass through her.

"Why does his peculiar behavior around you bother you so much?" Aiyleen challenged. "Could it be your brotherly instincts kicking in?"

"Do not jest with me. I've already taken a major risk. If my family were to find out, they wouldn't go easy on me, you know?" Emre replied somberly.

Emre glanced at Aiyleen. She had a way of manipulating him, of pulling his strings effortlessly. She was cunning, the one who suggested exploiting Sanem's vulnerability.

Aiyleen viewed Emre as a mere tool, a means to an end in her climb to success. "We must halt Jan from marrying Sanem. She's easily influenced. She's invaluable to us, essential to my business success," she stated firmly.

"I'll do my best, do not worry," Emre assured. "I've informed Mother, and she's on her way. She won't allow this marriage to proceed. You know how she is..."

Of course, Polen understood the true nature of Huma Divit.

Sanem hesitated. Leila prodded her, "Come on, get ready. He'll be here in an hour."

Jan had called her, stating he would take her shopping for their wedding. Sanem dreaded confronting him. She loved him, but the truth of her situation would devastate him. It would break her irreparably.

"I... I don't think I can go," she stammered. "I... I'm... I'm having my period."

Leila shot her a skeptical look. "You just had your period a week ago. That's a weak excuse, Sanem." She then laid out dresses for them, adding, "Don't complicate things further. It's already too messy. Mom will have a fit if you try to back out."

Summoning her resolve, Sanem suggested, "Leila, could you come with us? Please. There's so much to choose from, I can't do it alone."

Leila shrugged and sighed, "Fine. But let's not waste time."

Sanem managed to prepare herself and, within thirty minutes, they heard the car horn blare. Sanem found herself effortlessly adorned in the perfect attire within moments. The flicker of the car horn signaled Jan's arrival, casting an air of anticipation around them.

Yet, Sanem averted her gaze, unable to meet Jan's eyes, while Leila exuded a serene comfort in his presence. As they conversed, Sanem trailed behind, grateful that Jan showed no interest in her. However, Leila's directive disrupted Sanem's peace as she declared, "I am heading to the jewellery section. You two should choose the wedding gown."

Agreeing with a nod, Jan complied, leaving Sanem internally pleading for Leila to reconsider. Disregarding her unspoken plea, they proceeded to the women's wear section in a hushed manner.

Attempting to maintain a facade of interest in the dresses, Sanem strained to appear composed until Jan's voice pierced through her thoughts, "Go and try them on."

Resigned, she entered the trial room, her spirit already drained. The weight of the situation lingered heavily, casting doubts on her ability to endure the impending nuptials.

Patiently awaiting her emergence, Jan's gaze locked onto her form as she stepped out. In that moment, his admiration was palpable as he beheld Sanem in the stunning white gown, leaving her feeling a rush of emotions.