||Marriage or bondage||

Since that day,Sanem stopped coming to the office. Jan tried to reach her through phone but she had blocked his number.

He was speechless at her audacity to ignore him and trying to cut him off from her life after everything. He was trying to be sweet with her but it seemed she needed her lessons. Whatever he was trying to scheme wasn't enough for her to fall for him. And he had the right weapon at the right time.

Sanem was lying on her bed. How can fate be so cruel?The man she loved was proposing her. But she betrayed him. And she wasn't pure. She was kidnapped and......

Tears ran down her eyes. If he knows about her truth,he would hate her to the core like he did to Polen.

Suddenly Leila barged in her room,"Sanem anneim is calling you. Come down right now!"
Her panicked demeanour alarmed Sanem as she rushed downstairs to see her mom shouting for her. Once Mevkibe spotted Sanem her temperature rose,"You devil child!This is what you are doing behind our back?!"

Saying she threw some photos at Sanem who was bewildered. She picked them up and everything around her went blur. It was the picture of her sleeping besides some man with bare chest but his face was blurred.

"Anneim I......"

Before she could complete her sentence, Mevkibe landed a hard slap on her cheek. Sanem sprawled on the ground. Nihat said,"Mevkibe!What are you doing?She is your child."

"Stop defending her,"Mevkibe shouted at her husband."I told you to get her married but you insisted on and let her do job. Now facing the consequences...." She grabbed Sanem by the hand who hissed in pain,"Now tell me,whose this man?Or there many?"

"Anneim, I don't know,"Sanem choked on her words.
"What do you mean you don't know?"
"Anneim I was unconscious..  "
"What?So you were drunk and did this. How can you.... "

Suddenly the doorbell rang. Nihat said,"Now for the sake of Allah stop it. Leila go and see whose on the door."

Their elder daughter Leila went to see the door and returned after sometimes with someone Sanem wasn't expecting.

It was Jan behind her.

And what was he doing at that moment?

Leila introduced Jan to her parents as Sanem tried to avoid his piercing gaze. They retorted to the guest room. An awkward silence was prevailing there until Nihat said,"Mr. Divit...."

"I know my visit is kinda awkward and questioning,"Jan suddenly stated. His eyes lingered on Sanem,"But I have something important regarding your daughter Sanem."

"Now what happened?" Mevkibe uttered panicking. Nihat hushed her down and looked at Jan,"Is my daughter inefficient at her workplace?"

"No, actually she is quite good. A very trustworthy and hardworking employee,"his words made Sanem feel herself a joke. "She is the ideal woman and I want to marry her."

"What!?"

They said in unison. Including Sanem who said,"But...."

"We are okay with it,"Mevkibe blurted surprising them. Sanem looked surprised at her mother who found it the perfect opportunity. "One minute........."

Mevkibe grabbed Sanem by the arm and dragged her to the room. "Listen Sanem,after what you have done I don't think you have the face to say no to such a good marriage proposal. You have destroyed your life now this is the opportunity to mend it. He is good-looking, rich and someone like you is going to be his wife. So, don't dare to to any melodrama."

Then she went back and said,"Sanem is ready. Now we just need to fix a date."

Nihat was terribly mad. After Jan left,he scowled at his wife who looked surprisingly calm and it seemed her daughter's infidelity didn't bother her anymore,"I know why are you so happy. You are literally pushing off your daughter off the cliff."

"She has lost her purity,"Mevkibe said."This is the perfect opportunity to get rid off her."

"Shame on you"

"I just did what's better for her. And you will realise it later."

"But marrying her off is not the solution right?"Nihat couldn't feel madder."What do we know about that Jan Divit?That he is their boss. He is rich. But that's not all. What if he is abusive?"

"Sanem left me no choice Nihat,"Mevkibe was equally mad. Leila watched her parents fighting with an disappointined face. She knew once her anneim made a decision there was no going back. No matter what her baba would bring up in defence yet everything seemed pointless. She dashed upstairs looking looking up for Sanem but her room was closed.

"Sanem...... please open the door."

Sanem was uncontrollably crying. Her life was already in a loophole. How was she going to manage everything?What did Jan exactly want from her? "Leave me alone for now."

Jan on the other hand was very happy. He never thought it would run so smoothly for him. "I am going to break you in such a way that you have nothing and nobody to rely on except for me,"He thought fisting his hand.

While he was trying to fix his next plan while playing his basketball,Emre came there with a deadpan face. "What the hell am I hearing brother?"

"What?"
Jan looked nonchalant.

"You are going to marry that girl?That girl!?"

Jan paused for a moment."She has a name."

Emre looked flabbergasted,"Like I care...... whatever it is but you didn't mind to tell me?"

"Like. I. Care." Jan smugly told him. Emre clenched his jaw,"I heard it from dad that you are getting married . How come mom and I don't know anything about it brother?And don't you think mom will be disappointed when she knows what kind of girl you are marrying?"

Jan was relaxed. Not like it bothered him. "I was ready to marry someone by her choice.But it didn't end up good."

"Polen's family isn't pleased after what you did to their daughter,"Emre stated.

"Should I bother to care about someone whose engaged yet had the audacity to screw behind her fiance's back?"

Emre was losing his nerves. Sanem was his best puppet. A naive,stupid,brainless puppet who had no basic sense and would do anything for her loved ones. But now Jan was snatching his puppet. His enemy had hit the point.

"We will see it. Goodnight,"he pronounced leaving back. When Emre was going,he saw Jan's phone left on the couch. He had a terrible urge to check it. For once he picked up the phone but before he could see it Jan came up and snatched it from his hand.

"Invading someone's privacy is illegal,"Jan looked straight at the face. Emre made a surrendering gesture,"I meant no offence."

Once he left,Jan sighed in relief.

He was so close to getting caught.