[19] Hydra-Blast? I think you mean we-are-having-a-blast

Começar do início

"How many likes?"

"Uh. Seven thousand, now." Jay brought up the video on his phone and took it cautiously, admiring the videography on such a low quality phone. There was a strange, alluring shade of blue cast over the car, one that matched Jay's eyes. A little darker than electric blue, not icy like Zane's. Comforting, but sharp.

"The lightning looks like your eyes."

"What?"

A soft 'oh' escaped her mouth as she realised she'd spoken aloud her thoughts, and she hurried to get an answer together. "The—the lightning, it's same colour as your eyes."

"Oh. Thank you." Jay was visibly surprised and let her give him his phone back.

Without thinking, she brushed a lock of curly brown hair out of Jay's eyes. He didn't seem to notice, but there was a pinkish colour blushing his cheeks that Nya wasn't quite sure why it was there.

"It'll be fine, Jay. Look, your username is nothing like your real name, your face isn't even in the video, and you could always say someone snuck into the junkyard and took it without you knowing."

Her solution appeared to lift his spirits, and suddenly his arms were around her neck in a tight hug and this time her cheeks were going pink which she struggled to take control of. She didn't notice Cole, her supposed-to-be boyfriend staring at her, not wistfully, rather knowingly. She didn't notice the others heading up the Hydra-Blast, and she forgot about the mini Zane. She didn't notice that this hug was going on for much longer than it should have.

She didn't notice how fast her heart was beating when Jay tugged her up the stairs with the prospect of sliding down the Hydra-Blast ahead.

cole

He needed to end it quickly. It was basically dissolving anyways, and Cole would prefer cutting all ties to things unnecessary so he could focus on his crumbling relationship with his father and the dawning prospect of the dance team. All he had to do was touch Nya's arm at the end of the Hydra-Blast to draw her aside.

"Nya, we need to talk."

The Smith sister steeled herself like she knew what was coming.

"I think, honestly, that people are already over this drama, so it's safe for us to 'break up'. I've got stuff at home and at school and I can't..." he waved his hands about a bit, "Do this."

"No, I understand," Nya said firmly, though she looked slightly crestfallen. Cole wasn't sure why. "You focus on whatever it is, my parents are coming home and the drama has blown over. It was fun—funny while it lasted, Brookstone." The usually steel-faced girl seemed down, and her joke fell with it.

"Why don't you and Jay go ride the Chimera Bowl?" He suggested, watching for her reaction with a slight grin. He didn't want or need a love life right now, but that didn't mean he couldn't poke about in others.

"Why are you smiling like that?"

"No reason."

"Stop it."

"Why are you annoyed? I'm just smiling."

"You're smiling like you know something!"

"Well if I know it and you don't know what I know how do you know what I know or what you think I know." Cole stopped to think of his confusing words.

"Did Jay just possess you?" asked Nya, a quirk in her eyebrow.

"Ha! So you are thinking about Jay!" Cole cheered triumphantly.