Chapter 28- mother dearest

Mother dearest

Mother dearest

Trying my best

By; Anson Seabra

****************

Izzy stopped dead in her tracks as she came face to face with her mom. Her heart rate increased as she tightened her backpack strap around her shoulders and attempted to push past her mom only to be shoved back.

"Sh*t" she mutters under her breath.

"Do you have any idea the problems you caused!" Samantha shouts. Her voice makes Izzy want to go back to JJ and be in his embrace. Never the less Izzy puts on fake confidence and straightens her posture.

"No but I'm sure your going to tell me" Izzy sasses. Her mom slaps Izzy across the face but at this point she's barley fazed by it.

"Don't talk back to me you brat! You ruined everything! You made me look like a fool! You are a disgrace to this family!" She shouts at Izzy. Izzys anger flares up. She's been holding it in for hears but she finally hit her boiling point.

"What family?! Huh? This family died the day dad then!" She screams. Another slap lands on her cheek. This one leaving a red hand print on her cheek.

"Well who's fault is that?!" Her mother retorts. Izzy rolls her eyes.

"I don't know because it sure as hell isn't mine! I was in the car with him! I saw him die in front of me! But none of that was my fault and I'm so sick of you blaming me for it!" Her throat is raw from all the yelling and she wants to stop but for years this has been piling up and she needs to let it out.

"I just wanted my mom. I needed my mom"
She sobs. Her voice cracks mid sentence but she doesn't care. She finally looks up to her mom and for a moment she saw the mom she used to know. The one who would read her bedtime story's and take her shopping. The one who card more about her family than all the money in the world. But that was soon gone and replaced with anger.

Without warning her fist made contact with Izzys stomach. Izzy tumbled over in pain and her mom sends her knee into Izzy making her fall onto the floor.

For years Izzy had the hope that maybe her mom would come back. She would realize she was wrong. That maybe they could be a family again. But tonight she lost all hope. She curled up in a ball tears streamed down her face. She covered her head trying to protect herself from the harsh blows.

She was ready to give up until a picture popped into her head. It was JJ. She remember her promise to JJ that she would stay safe. So with all of her strength she pushed herself off of the floor and shoved her mom over. She quickly ran up the stairs with her backpack in her hands.