Chapter 37- Water gun

C H A P T E R  3 7

W A T E R G U N

Happier than ever

Billie Eilish

The pogues had wasted too much time arguing about who would make the call. Kie was the winner and dialed the pilots, Gavins, phone number. The issue was when the phone rang she froze, loosing all ability to speak.

JJ and Pope urged her to talk but she couldn't. Izzy cursed under her breath before reaching up and snatching it from her hands. She spoke in a clear, heavy voice that would've stroke fear in anyone. The group was left speechless when she hung up. Like fish out of water, their mouths hung open.

"You're a good liar Thornton, you could be a professional." JJ remarks when Pope shushes him.

"Alright, he's coming. Stay down." Pope harshly whispers, pushing himself so far in the seat he looked like a ball.

"He didn't see us." JJ sits up and fixes his hat.

"Hit it." Izzy urges, looking for the cars headlights. Kie struggles to get going but once she does they speed down the road. Pope narrates what the man is doing while they chase the car.

Construction had cut them off so they hopped out of the car and sprinted so Pope could hear. The construction workers screamed at the group to get their car but none of them listened. They end up passing through the backyard of some teens swimming.

Pope trips, dropping the earbud but grabs it just in time to hear where Gavin and Ward were meeting. Pope told the other and they went back to car to get yelled at by angry construction workers.

"You can't just leave your car here." One of the men tells the group. They all climb in but before Izzy shuts her door she sticks her head out.

"I think we already did." She winks and shuts the door.

"Nice camera. Where'd you dig up that relic?" JJ comments about Popes old, large camera. The rain had started falling from the sky the second they arrived at the meeting place. A wooden fence hid the group from anyone's sight.

"Pope, it's 2020. You know phones exist right?" Izzy used her hand to block the rain from her eyes.

"Well first of all I like my antique electronics. Second of all this is a telephoto." Pope goes into an explanation about the camera that Izzy completely tunes out, instead focusing on the road.