Chapter 40- Watermelon

C H A P T E R  4 0

W A T E R M E L O N

W A T E R M E L O N

Alright

Supergrass

Time had froze for JJ, Izzy, Kiara and Pope. No matter how exhausted and out of breath they were, nothing could stop them from feeling pure happiness. JJ thought his heart might've stopped beating for a second.

John B has been the only person who's a constant in his life. Ever since they were young kids he's been there. When John B "died" it was like JJ had lost a brother, not just a friend.

Him and Sarah had been there when they turned the corner. John B on a bike and Sarah in the small carriage connected to the back. Izzy could tell they hadn't had good sleep or a shower in days.

Everyone just looked at each other, their faces mixed with shock and joy. John B suddenly looked at the man approaching "Get in! Get in! Get in!"

Kie and Izzy sit next to Sarah, Pope and JJ push the back of the carriage to help John B peddle. They all shout to push and peddle, trying to escape.

"Pedal faster John B." Sarah urges, looking at the two men chasing them. Izzy didn't know where the second man came from but she did know he looked pissed.

Luckily they lost the second man in a matter of seconds. The guy who was at C.Limbreys house was still going strong, not willing to let them go. JJ left Pope to stand on the edge of the carriage.

"Come on Pope, push!" JJ tries to steady himself on the railing. He ended up grabbing Izzy's shoulder for support. Popes feet got entangled in each other. He rolled on the ground but jumped back up with his bag.

"Pope, get up. Let's go!" John B slowed his peddling down in order for Pope to catch up. Kie reached out her hand and helped him onto the carriage.

The man had grabbed at the back on them, almost catching them. Kie and Sarah tried to push him off. Izzy looked for options and without thinking, took off her shoe and hit him straight in the head. He fell to the ground, loosing the Pogues.

"See you later alligator!" John B stuck out his tongue, not stopping his peddling.

"See you later asshole!" Pope cheered, raising his hands into the air.

"Blowing you a big kiss!" JJ puckers his lips back at him.

"You can Venmo me for the shoe! I have cash app too!" Izzy shouts right before they turn out of sight. Izzy sighs and looks to the group "I'm really gonna miss that shoe."