Chapter 3- punching bag

Punching bag

Punching bag

Stupid deep
By; Jon Bellion

***********************

Izzy Thornton often thought about
what life would be like if her dad was still here. Would she be happy? Would her family be happy? Would she be the same person she is today? Would she hang with the pogues?

These thoughts run through her head often. Usually in the middle of the night when she can't sleep. That's when she does most of her overthinking. But these thoughts run through her head as she jogs home. When she gets home she sees only one car in the driveway.

Everyone else must've left. She thinks to herself. Her stomach sinks when she realizes something. Toppers car is gone. She mentally curses as she walks up to her door. She opens it up and stands in her extravagant entryway.

Her staircase straight ahead to the right is the dining room and kitchen. To her left if the living room. Izzy goes into her kitchen to see her mom cleaning dishes.

"Hey mom" Izzy says sheepishly. He mom turns around. Izzy shrinks under her harsh gaze.

"About time your home. You done wh*ring around?" Her mom retorts throwing the dish rag down she was using.

"I wasn't-" Izzy says quietly.

"Shut up!" Samantha yells. Her eyes filled with anger.

"I'm sorry I got distracted and lost track of time"
Izzy tried to diffuse the situation before it gets out of hand but it's too late. Her mom stomps over to her slapping a hand across her cheek. Izzy gasp and immediately brings her hand to her now red cheek.

"That's what you get for being a little sl*t." Her mom spits at her. Izzy keeps her eyes focused on the ground trying to hold in her tears refusing to let her mom see her cry. Suddenly her knee goes into Izzys stomach causing her to double over in pain. "And that's what you get for being late"

Izzy wraps her arms around her stomach. The pain shoots through her torso but she tries to ignore it.

"Get out of my house I don't want to see you right now" her mom says Cooley as if she didn't just hit her daughter. Izzy finds it ironic how much the women has changed since her fathers death. Her role model now the person who causes her the most pain.

Samantha doesn't have to tell Izzy twice. She quickly makes her way out the front door. She starts her walk back to the chateau. Tears stream down her face as she replays her moms words. Sl*t, wh*re, I don't want to see you. She walks down the street her arms wrapped around her stomach.