Chapter 52- Home sweet home

C H A P T E R 5 2

H O M E   S W E E T   H O M E

H O M E S W E E T H O M E

People watching

Conan Gray

Defeated was the only word to describe how the Pogues felt when they realized the cross was gone. To make matters worse, Kies dads truck went straight into a tree. Rafe drove past with a large vehicle and there was no question of what was inside.

They all ran back to the church but of course, the cross wasn't there. Pope had lost all cool he had left. Luckily the Twinkie was still nearby and ran good enough to get them home.

"My dads going to kill me!" Kie stresses in the back of the Twinkie.

"Could this night get any worse?" JJ complains, his head resting on Izzy's legs. She ran her fingers through his hair as a distraction. Blue and red lights brighten up the dark forest accompanied by police sirens.

"I hate to break it to you but I think it just did." Izzy pushed JJ up to show him the multiple police cars around where they left the truck.

"Oh shit! They found it!" Kie exclaims, shoving herself into the window to see better.

"Speed kills huh?" John B awkwardly says to Shoupe who shines his flashlight at all of the pogues.

"I pulled the tags, I know who's truck it is."

"Really?! Who is it? Are they okay?" Izzy acts shocked, placing her hand on her chest.

"Enough with the act Thornton, I don't feel like dealing with that tonight." Shoupe grumbles, placing his arm on the window seal.

"Would tomorrow work for you then? I think I have an opening at 4." She grins like her usual self. JJ hides his laugh within a cough but fails miserably.

"Hey Kie! You drop your weed pen back there?" Shoupe questions, the light beaming right in her eyes.

"Found it."

"That's not what they're called by the way." JJ leans back and wraps his arm around Izzy. Shoupe glares at him but he doesn't waver.

"Sheriff I just want to say this is my fault, she had nothing to do with this. I take 100% responsibility." Pope explains to him.

"Nothing to do with it huh? Wanna try that again?"

"Not really if I'm being honest." Izzy sasses, patting Kies knee in silent support.