Chapter 13 -the rooster

The rooster

The rooster

Malibu nights

By; Lany

******************

Izzy walked into John b's bedroom. Her popsicle in one hand using her other to brush against photos of the group he had. One of all of them on the boat. Izzy remembers that day vividly. That day they all went on the boat and had the most peaceful day ever. Even her and JJ didn't fight that day. She smiled at the memory finishing the last of her popsicle and throwing the stick into a little trash bin beside John b's bed.

As she was making her way out of John b's room a sense of dread entered her stomach. She heard a loud bang coming from outside making her quickly re- enter the room and run to the window. That's when she saw a black truck and two men walking onto the screened in porch. She rushed back to the doorway as one of the men banged on the door.

JJ was running through the living room when he heard the loud noise making him quickly turn around and run back into the room. His gaze caught Izzys. Worry prominent In her eyes. He looked at her softly as the others pulled him into the room.

He mouthed the words "it's okay, hide". She nodded as they shut the door to the office. She quickly turned into John b's room looking for a route of escape. The window that lead outside was facing the front of the house where the two men who were now barging into the house could see her if she wasn't careful enough. She cursed as she heard the two men

"Stupid popsicle" Izzy mutters to herself regretting her decision to leave the group. Her options were limited as the sound of footsteps approaching her room rung through her ears.

After JJ rushed back into the office everyone looked at him with wide eyes.

"There's on the porch" he tells the group making them all grimace. "Izzys in your room Jb, she- I didn't have enough time to get her" he starts to rant guilt overtaking him thinking about the girl alone while these men are now ransacking John b's house screaming about the compass.

"What?!" Kiara freaks out. John b quickly runs to the door to go get her but Kiara and Pope held him back.

"It'll only make it worse" Pope explains.

"We can't just leave her!" JJ whisper yells.

"We just need to get out of here and then we can figure out how to help her" Kiara tells the group. They all agree and quickly rush to open the windows. They eventually get the window open despite the paint that makes it harder. They climb out and run to the chicken coop hiding from the men who are now in his dads office taking the materials from it.