Behind Scenes

Mary Ham sat in her dark, enclosed room where the only light came from the screen of a laptop. She sat on the floor, scrolling through comments about her, still denying that her career was over. She just made a simple mistake and it had been a while, weeks even.

      Still, she couldn't find a glimmer of hope in restoring her reporting job. After climbing the ranks at NHC from a rookie, she was now reduced to being a homebody, slowly draining her funds from being able to find another job. No one would accept her after hearing her name, especially since it is so unique.

      Mary had traveled from the UK and settled down in Japan for her dream career. She obviously wouldn't have a regular Japanese name. Her origin also happened to be Swedish... possibly?

     A knock echoed through the room, causing the woman to tear her eyes from her screen. She didn't know who it would be and it most likely wouldn't be something positive. However, against her better judgment, she opened the door to greet whoever was behind it.

     That person just so happened to be Sakura Haruno who smiled without a care in the world. Of course, Mary was astonished as the young lady who caused her mid-life crisis was standing right in front of her.

      "How did you...?" The question died on her lips as the smile on Sakura didn't falter, as though it was quite obvious as to why.

      For reasons, Sakura was there and hadn't contacted Mary directly. Asking for Miss Mary Ham's number was just a cover up in front of her CEO. Not only would everything be recorded during a phone call, but she couldn't say any sensitive details.

     Now for venturing to her house, Mary Ham actually lived in a residential area with no cameras around available to catch her arriving at the ex-reporter's home. She had also left a genjutsu on herself to disguise her appearance to be safe. Only Mary would see her as she truly was. 

     The plan was absolutely foolproof. 

     "I have a deal for you, Miss Mary Ham, " Sakura purred, eyes adopting a gleam, "It concerns getting your previous job back."

      "R-really?"

     With Sakura's nod, she let the girl right into her home.

     "So..." Mary trailed off, "How is this going to happen?"

     "Simple, " Sakura grinned, "I'm having a interview with NHC tomorrow as they desperately want the media's darling on air. I refused to do so unless you were my reporter."

      "What?"

      "Mmn, from here on out, I intend to take you as my personal reporter. Your reputation will go back up in no time and you'll probably get a raise."

       Looking up at Mary, Sakura made sure that the woman was digesting it all clearing before continuing on, "Moving on, now I intend for this to be business. I help you, so it's only expected that you do the same for me."

       Gulping, Mary then asked, "What exactly do you want from me?"

       "I like someone that processes fast. What I want from you is to boost my reputation to its height. You'll follow along with all the questions I prepare for you and I'll answer back with adequate responses. It's as simple as that."

      The gears in the ex-reporter's head turned and something finally clicked. "Was that whole crying thing... a lie?"

      She certainly was hesitant about it as she didn't know how her emotions would react if she found out it was all fake.

       "I'll admit, " Sakura shrugged with a grimace, "at the beginning it was but then... at some point I realized that my chest ached. I do miss them a lot."

      Mary slowly nodded, turmoil rolling through her body at the fact that she was at first used but then wasn't. Her feelings weren't exactly a lie so it was fine... wasn't it?

      "I agree to this deal, " the woman then declared after thing for another second.

      Sakura shook her hand and grinned, "Welcome, Miss Mary Ham, to a new world of wealth. By the way, here's the list."

       She then read through the contents and her eyes popped, " 'Rumors about having a boyfriend'?!"

(◕ω◕✿)

      "Sterling, " Sakura whined, "What do you mean that you have a fiance!? Break the engagement! Aren't I more beneficial?!"

       She had appeared in his office once more by delivering food up to him. Though he wasn't exactly pleased by it, she provided a tiny bit of amusement.

      "Tsunade, " he sighed, "Don't you have better things to do?"

      "I don't."

      "Okay, okay, " Sterling grumbled while sweeping back his orange hair, "You're annoying me a bit too much. What do you want?"

      "You're no fun if you get straight to the point, " she whined, "Fine... I just need some of your people for the training camps for Class 1-A and Class 1-B in U.A."

      "For kids?" he questioned, suspicious on why she'd need it, "Why would kids need protection and bodyguards? You do realize we're a criminal organization and working with the heroes doesn't work. We deal with information, not babysitting."

      "Huh, " she muttered, "I'm sure your information webs would've already caught the next League of Villains attack. To think that I underestimated you-"

      "We know, " he stated, "But the last thing we need is to get directly involved. Although I'm ruthless, their boss is the one person I can't mess with. I don't want my quirk stolen from me."

      "Mmn, that's true, " she nodded, "then you would have to give up being a smoker."

      His quirk was the exact reason why he smoked cigarettes. He pretty much controlled smoke and since it literally had no harm on his lungs- he had doctors check and Sakura- why not have a source near him 24/7?

      "Find me some people out there for hire, especially ones that can handle poisonous gases and fire... I still want to take the wind user."

       He thought about it for a moment and then waved his hand, "Take him, but make sure to give him back when he's done. The coward will be able to run."

       "Mmn, thanks."

       Now she was all prepped up for those training camps, she would be able to take her one double life leisurely. However, for Sakura and Mouse, things were just kicking up.