Part #10: Goodbyes

Once Kaminari and Hitoshi joined, they agreed that it would be best to work together to find a way to return to their world. On the other hand, Sakura could finally gather the courage to reveal herself to all her friends and family.

     She took off her chakra seal, allowing people to sense her chakra. Her chakra, which was so distinct, easily revealed her identity. She met with her friends tearfully and explained her situation. Many were downtrodden that she would have to leave but understood. She had a life in this other world, one that she couldn't give up so easily. Hearing about the plan about creating a connection to both worlds, their spirits were lifted. It could be possible that Sakura could return again.

     Ino especially was angry, even hitting her on the shoulder- though she didn't put all her force into it. Maybe she was also angry at herself for not recognizing her longtime friend.

    "You-you!" Ino scowled, feeling her forehead throb with fury.

    Sakura could only smile sheepishly and joke, "Well... I couldn't exactly make you have a heart attack. That would be against my standards as an Iryonin."

     "It doesn't make me feel any better that you were hiding it from me!" she roared, holding her by the collar and shaking her.

      Her husband Sai put a hand on her shoulder. With that, Ino's emotions exponentially calmed down. Sakura couldn't help but smile when she saw that Ino was in good hands.

     "Welcome back, Forehead, " she grumbled, pulling Sakura into a tight hug.

     "It's good to be back."

     While walking around, greeting those she knew before, Sakura felt a familiar chakra signature approaching rapidly. She caught the person's fist, putting equally as much chakra into her hand to equalize the force.

    "You brat," Tsunade scowled, "Did you really think you could drop by and not tell anyone?"

     She still looked as young as ever. Even after all this time, she looked as though she was Sakura's age. Sakura could tell that she was being sized up by the way her teacher was glaring at her. Her expression froze when she saw the diamond on her forehead.

     "I see that you've been practicing still..." 

     Her anger seemed to have dropped, probably from the mere surprise of her accomplishing that feat. It possibly could have been from the idea of chakra existing in another world as well.

     "I didn't slack off just because I went to another world," Sakura replied with slight pride, "It's good to see you too, Shishou."

     "Don't think I'll let you off just because you still trained," she warned.

    "I didn't expect to... Mmn, why don't I introduce you to my two adorable children. They're also learning medical ninjutsu..."

    "I don't see why not..."

     She hid her winning smile, already knowing that she would be distracted by the kids. 

     Sakura realized, after conversing with so many of her old friends, that she shouldn't have been worried about telling them in the first place. They were warm and welcoming, and the first time, Sakura could feel that she was truly loved by them. Although she thought that everything was fate, which proved itself wrong, their feelings were true.

     The most nerve-wracking thing was when she had her whole family approach the Haruno household. The house looked overall the same but with a good amount of upkeep. The gate looked like it had been painted recently and the nameplate had been replaced.