Epilogue Part 2

Hitoshi was breathing rapidly as he looked at Sakura's injuries. He had no idea where to start or even what was what. Then came the feeling of being powerless.

      He had trained for this. Hitoshi had learned the Mystic Palm technique by himself after scouring Sakura's bookcase for a scroll on it. But now with everything before him, he knew that this was way beyond his capabilities.

      Managing to calm himself down, he said between shaky breaths, "H-her phone..."

     It had a direct line to Nezu, but now that it was destroyed, they had no way-

      Then he began to rummage through her pockets, finally coming across another phone. She probably held her other associates on there. Thankfully, he didn't need to know how to unlock how.

      "Call Principal Nezu."

      As the line began to ring, he could feel hope running through him. If he could stabilize her condition until she came, then maybe Recovery Girl would be able to help save her.

      Hitoshi then gave her some blood pills to keep up with the amount that was seeping onto the ground.

     "... Wait a minute, " Kaminari muttered, recovering enough to think rationally, "What's that?"

     He pointed over at Sakura's gaping wound, specifically a rib bone. On it was strange markings that seemed similar to the seals that Sakura created. Hitoshi touched it gently and could then sense some kind of greater power in it.

     It wasn't like Sakura's chakra, but instead denser, ancient-feeling almost. It wasn't like anything he had ever felt before.

      "Hello?" Nezu's voice then came over the phone.

      "I'm going to try and release the chakra, " Hitoshi murmured to the rest of the group and handed the phone over to Todoroki, who was the calmest of the bunch, "You know what to say."

     He nodded, grabbing the phone, and reported, "We need Recovery Girl. Sakura-san has been gravely injured and we're currently trying to save her. We'll also need quirk-canceling handcuffs because we've successfully apprehended a villain. We're east of the main building, mainly where all the smoke and fire is."

     "... I see, " he responded back while leaving a long pause, "There's been a delay. Can she hold out for ten minutes?"

     "... We don't know, " Todoroki replied hesitantly, "There's been severe organ damage. We're trying the best that we can."

     "I'll try to get her out there as fast as possible."

     With that, Todoroki ended the call, not knowing what to do now.

      While the call was going on, Kaminari had adopted the role of giving Sakura blood pills while Hitoshi was trying to configure the seal. Shinso could feel that he was close to activating it and releasing the pent-up chakra inside.

     After a bit more fiddling with it and prodding the seal with his own chakra, he managed to do it. The next thing he knew, everything was enveloped in a red-orange light.

*****

The connection had snapped.

*****