Extra #2: Konoha

The process was much laxer than Sakura had expected, probably because they weren't in a time of war. The guards asked her about where they were from, what they wanted to do in Konoha, what happened to their papers, etc. In the meantime, she filled out everyone else's basic info like birthdays, names, etc. (Sakura had to switch her birthday).

      "We're here for temporary residence until we decide to settle here or find another place. We originally lived in the capital, but since the kids wanted to take their ninja training up a notch, we decided to come here. However, we ran into some bandits during the night and we lost a lot of our things, " Sakura answered with a polite smile.

      They hadn't even asked anyone else to make sure the stories aligned, not to mention, they questioned her in front of everyone else. She guessed that things would regress with all the other progression. Maybe they were just overconfident with the village's defenses internally?

     After a few seconds of looking through papers and filling them out, he handed some to her and stated, "The registration fee is 5,000 Ryo. If you can't pay it, then you can pay it over the span of different time periods. The first collection is this Friday."

     Thinking about it for a couple of seconds, she looked through her pouch for some Ryo, remembering that she had some when she first went to the other world.

      Shifting through it, she found that she had a couple of 10,000 yen bills and handed one to the guard. He gave her change back and the next thing she knew, they were already inside the village. Honestly, she couldn't believe how easy it was.

     "For ninjas, they aren't being cautious, " Hitoshi muttered, pausing to look back at the gate.

      However, Kei and Himari weren't exactly listening, but instead were brimming with energy. They turned to Sakura, their eyes lighting up with unbridled excitement.

      "Did you mean that?!" they exclaimed, "We can go to the ninja academy!?"

     Sakura snorted, "Of course, you two can go. I'm not going to have the two of you just sit around. Now, remember, you can't mention anything about quirks or any technology unless you have seen it here. If any of you slip, you'll both be withdrawn from the Academy. Okay?"

      Kei and Himari nodded eagerly, grinning at each other.

      "But, before that, we need to find a place to stay, " she sighed aloud, "We'll rent an apartment. Hopefully, there will be enough for a deposit."

      Kaminari grabbed her hand and grinned, "Don't worry, wife. This is where I come in. I'll find a job."

      "I will too, " Hitoshi nodded, "I can't freeload off the two of you."

     Sakura squeezed Denki's hand and could feel her mouth relax into a smile. "Don't forget about me. We'll work together to find a way back too."

     "Mom, why don't we ask your friends?" Himari questioned while tilting her head.

      She crouched down to be on the same level as her daughter. "It'll be too much of a shock if I suddenly tell everyone I'm back. They might not believe me and we might be forced to run."

      "But Uncle Naruto is nice!" she protested, "Why would he...?"

     "Mmn, for the safety of the village. If he thinks I'm impersonating myself, then he might think that we have bad intentions. I want to keep all of you safe."

      Afterward, they went and found a place to stay, which thankfully only needed another 5,000 ryo for the deposit, and the over cost per month was about 10,000. They settled in quickly by getting sleeping mats and other essentials. It was a small place and they currently had a tight budget, but it was enough.