Final Test

"Come on Aizawa-sensei!" Mina begged, hands clasped in front of her, "You can't get rid of Sakura-sama! My grades have never been better!"

      "Please!" Kaminari joined in, going on his hands and knees.

     That had happened every day for Aizawa, where his students would plead for Sakura Haruno to stay in Class 1-A due to her help with their studies. Every single time they did it, he would become more annoyed.

      "Go back to your seats, " he snapped tiredly, rubbing his temples as another headache came over him.

     "No!" Sero exclaimed, "We'll do what it takes!"

     Their teacher's eyes then turned sharp with his deadly glare. "Go. Now."

     The students then took their seats with a pout. It had become the final day that Hitoshi and Sakura would be in their class.

     When Sakura entered the class, she was greeted by the teacher by just her last name.

     "Haruno."

     She wanted to pat him on the back for dealing with the Class 1-A kids. His open hostility toward her presence was quite reasonable.

     Izuku smiled at the two awkwardly as they approached their chosen seats. "Sakura-san, Hitoshi."

     "Mmn, " she replied back with slight annoyance.

     How could he address Hitoshi so casually yet add an honorific to her name? It was favoritism for sure.

     When class started, Aizawa went to the front podium, straightening a stack of papers in his hands. "As you all know, Sakura Haruno and Hitoshi Shinso have now reached the day of their test . Today will decide whether or not they stay."

     Momo raised her hand and asked, "Will two students be kicked out?"

     The class held their breath as it was something they were wondering about yet didn't dare to ask. It was forbidden to even think about who would be the one being cut from the hero program.

     "That will decided once results are in."

     The Class 1-A students were shakened up by his answer but Sakura only muffled a snort. Their teacher was being rather misleading as the Principal had no intention of anyone leaving the class.

     "What's so funny, Haruno?"

     It seemed that she hadn't hidden her smirk enough.

     "Nothing, " she purred, "I was just thinking about how good I am at poker."

     Confusion settled across the class at her suddenly mentioning a gambling card game.

     Sakura continued while sending him an all-knowing grin, "I'm always good at calling out someone else's bluff."

     Aizawa gave her a look for a couple of seconds before talking again. "The Principal has decided that the two are going to fight each other on the practice field to display their skills. All Might will be the judge alongside me."

     Hitoshi then patted his back, remembering that Sakura had told him to bring his metal practice sword to school. Though she hadn't mentioned why, he always knew that such things were important.

     They then changed into their gym uniforms while brandishing their weapons in hand. Sakura stood on the battlefield with her fans while Hitoshi stood on the opposite side with his sword.

     "Isn't this the part where we trash talk?" she asked.

     He shrugged, "I don't see the point."

     "Mmn, I'm going to win anyways."

     "... You don't need to say it."

     "Ice cream later?"

     "That better be a promise."

     Through the ear pieces, the two could hear All Might's booming voice. "Alright, young Sakura, young Hitoshi! Get ready for battle in 3... 2... 1... Plus Ultra!"

     Sakura sped forward, fans ready in her hands. The familiar cling of metal on metal rang out and she could hear her fans sing. Occupying his hand with just one fan, she swiped across with the other. However, he jumped back to dodge it, creating space between the two of them.

     "Remember!" she exclaimed, "We have to put on a show! The more complex, the better!"

     Flinging her fan out like a boomerang, it only hit the edge of his sword, bouncing off and somehow ending up back in Sakura's hands. 

     Well, not exactly somehow. Each move had been carefully calculated and planned.

     Engaging in more close combat, Hitoshi did his best to evade against all of her attackers, managing to get a swing in. However, what he didn't expect was Sakura to leap up and balance on top of his sword.

     "New muscle exercise?" she mumbled to herself while on top of the sword.

    She flipped off his sword and pulled a small notepad with a pen attached to it from her pocket. "I'll add something like this on there."

     Putting it away, she could feel a yawn coming on. The fight was boring without chakra to spice it up a bit. She always enjoyed a couple water jutsus or hiding in the ground and ambushing the unsuspecting enemy.

     In the monitor room, Class 1-A watched the fight carefully, finding it interesting how the two fought very well. Still, Iida, Izuku, and Todoroki were confused while watching the test.

     "Did you guys notice it too?" Midoriya asked the other two.

     Todoroki nodded in agreement, "Yes, it is hard not to."

     Uraraka looked at the two in puzzlement. "What are you guys talking about? She's amazing out there!"

     "Sakura-san isn't trying, " Iida informed the girl while pushing up his glasses, "Right now she's only messing around."

      "Huh? What do you mean by that?"

     "It's like he said, " Izuku joined in, "I'm guessing that she doesn't feel the need to show her full capabilities... or she's maybe afraid of something?"

     "Eh?"

     Meanwhile, Sakura was busy testing out different techniques with her fans while Hitoshi was trying to find ways to avoid them. They were both trying to find ways to land or dodge hits on each other while slowly adjusting for each move. To the regular eyes of people it seemed like a real fight but it was just practice for them.

     "I'm really bored, " Sakura finally whined, unable to come up with more non-chakra related techniques, "I want something different."

     "Hand-to-hand combat then?" he suggested while throwing down his sword, his hands already slightly red.

     "Okay!" she smiled while cracking her knuckles, "Don't blame me if you can't physically move after this!"

     Her mouth's expression suddenly twisted into something of relief and pride. Something miraculous had happened for her.

     A purple diamond had appeared on her forehead.