Extra #1: Wormhole

(A/N: I notice y'all hate Karin. It's very understandable, especially with how she's portrayed in fanfictions as a side-chick, man-snatching hoe. However, I think she and Sakura can vibe, especially since Sakura never actually loved Sasuke in the first place in this fanfic. Also, Sarada is a Sakura simp- okay, onto the side story!)

     "Mmn, today's really a nice day, " Sakura beamed while covering her eyes from the sun.

     They were trudging through a nature preserve, obviously off the trails for the added excitement. It had become their annual reunion where Sakura and her family, plus Hitoshi, would enjoy a nice picnic in the forest. 

     It was perfect for kunai or shuriken throwing challenges, and not to mention an intense game of hide-and-go-seek.

     Kaminari was holding the basket of food that Sakura had packed, and Kei and Himari set down the blanket. Hitoshi, being the cautious person he was, made sure that no one happened to be nearby. Himari almost did hit a passerby with a careless throw of her kunai.

     "Onigiri!" Kei cheered, going to take a bite out of it before he eyed Shinso, "Uncle Hitoshi, do you want the first piece?"

     He raced over with Himari then following to do the same behind him.

      "W-wait, Uncle Hitoshi is going to eat mine!" she exclaimed.

     They both looked eagerly at Hitoshi, eyes begging him to choose one.

      "Hey, kids!" Kaminari interrupted with a laugh, "What about your dear father, huh? You can give as much as you want to me!"

     His kids didn't even spare him a glance, and Hitoshi stared at the blonde in disappointment.

     "Pick!" the children chorused.

     With a sigh, Hitoshi stated, "If you give one to your dad, then I'll accept one from you. Not giving one to him makes him sad, and that would make your mother sad, wouldn't it?"

     The two thought about it for a moment before giving the onigiri to their father, who accepted them tearfully.

      During the whole encounter, Sakura had sat back a bit, rather amused at everything. For the one who wanted kids the most, he couldn't handle them. However, Hitoshi, who claimed to not be good around kids, was held with admiration in the eyes of Himari and Kei.

      "Kids, " she called out, "Come sit down to eat! We don't want the food to get dirty on the ground, do we?"

     With their attention diverted to their mother, they ran to her side and sat down next to her. Hitoshi sat across from all of them and pulled out some sake from his scroll.

     "Well, let's-" Sakura paused, feeling odd tremors of chakra suddenly.

    Kaminari noticed it also, quickly grabbing Kei and Himari to get them to safety. Hitoshi had summoned his blade from a scroll and was starting to unsheathe it.

     However, they didn't expect that the floor would suddenly disappear from under the blanket and that they would drop through. It was a blackness that swallowed them up, and the light that they basked in before had disappeared.

     "What the hell?!" Hitoshi cursed under his breath.

     Finally, through the darkness, they found that they were falling toward the light. Sakura quickly made chakra go into her eyes to further enhance them. It was nothing like the strength of the Byakugan, but it helped her sight.