Take A Step Walk A Mile

|| Detective Miles & Stevens in the m/m ||

Detective Miles
_________________________

Ever since I got the message from Chardonnay I didn't know what to do. All over again I was being put into a cover up for her all over again. I wasn't for sure if I'd be able to do it this time, not this time.

Sitting back at my desk looking at all the paperwork I suddenly got a knock on my door . It was nine at night and last time I checked I was the only one here. Slowly getting up I walked towards the door. Opening only bring greeted with the last person I thought id ever see face to face .

"what the hell are you doing here Chardonnay ." I said pulling her in as three other girls followed behind. " who are these girls with you?" I said looking at them both as they stood by the door.

" which question do you want me to answer first?" Chardonnay ask as she took a seat in front of my desk.

" Chardonnay really how did you get here?" I said getting two chairs for the other two girls as they stood up looking around.

" I drove here that's how ." She said picking up some papers off my desk and looking at them.

" I know that but why are you out of you know what." I said snatching the papers back causing her to raise her hands up.

" I got out damn why you buggin !" She said looking at me as if I'm the one wrong for asking all the right questions .

" I'm buggin because I need to know if you got out legally ." I said pushing my chair back while rubbing my hands on my face.

" that 'L' word is not even in my vocabulary." She said looking at me with a face of you should know that. " look Miles you know why I'm here let's stop trying to play sweet." Chardonnay said lifting her feet up and putting them on my desk.

Pushing them off I looked at the two girls and realized I had seen them from somewhere. I couldn't exactly tell where from though.

Looking at the one with the curly hair I asked " what's your name?"

" Jasmine ." She said looking at me and looking over at the girl beside her.

" what's yours ?" I said looking at the other girl.

Looking at me she turned her head and looked at Chardonnay and said " Kalia"

" now that we all know each other are you gonna help me?" Chardonnay said getting annoyed.

" I don't know Chardonnay last time I helped you what happened ? I almost lost my job that's what happened. It's like when I was helping you to protect myself you didn't do anything I said. I tell you to take a step you walk a mile ." I said getting a little angry all over again just thinking about it.

" yes or no." She said giving me a look that I couldn't explain. It was a look of pure evil mixed with innocent.

" I'll let you know tomorrow but not here meet me where we met the first time." I said standing up and opening the door for them to leave.

I turned my head looking away as Chardonnay walked by with that same look on her face. Stopping she looked at me and leaned in while whispering " choose wisely" without another word she walked to the elevator where she disappeared without looking back.

Charmaine
__________________________

We had been sitting here all night trying to find something . We knew for a fact Shamika left something to give us a clue , if she did it at Shannyyas house when she was taken she would do it here too.

Sitting down and actually stopping I begin to think of somewhere in the house she would put this message. For some reason in my head Shamika wouldn't make where to find it complicated but the way she would sat the message up would be.

" you alright char ?" Nat asked coming to sit by me.

" yeah I'm cool , just thinking." I said looking over at her.

" well we didn't find anything. I don't think she left anything this time Maine." Nat said sitting back and looking up.

" bitch that's it ! " I yelled as I grabbed Nat and ran where Bubbles and Aisha was.

" what ?" Nat asked coming behind me trying to figure out what I was talking about.

" the attic that's what stupid . That's the last place we would think of, it's the only place we forgot was even here." I said as I jumped up to grab the small rope that was apart of the attic door.

" why you yelli- hell no I'm not going." Aisha said coming to where I was.

" why not?" I said climbing the stairs to the attic.

" because last time I went in there Charmaine your dumb ass almost killed me." Aisha said with her arms folded.

" I was like five when that happened get over it." I said laughing at the memory.

I honestly didn't think it was that serious. The only thing that happened was it was a board in the attic that was weak and I pushed her towards it. She acts as if she fell through all she did was cut herself.

Going into the attic fully I used the flashlight on my phone to see. Everything looked about the same , about ?

" Y'all come here." I said to them because again everything was about the same.

" what is it?" Bubbles said walking around me and looking at the pictures on the wall. " this shit is crazy." She said grabbing the pictures and looking at them.

All the pictures were of Shannyya and my mom. Only one picture stood out though it was a picture of Ash. It was a picture of her before she died that day at the mall.

Grabbing all the pictures I sat in the floor and looked at them all. The backgrounds were all just to familiar. I just couldn't place exactly where I had seen it all .

" shit." I said starting to remember exactly where Shannyya was or could be at now.

If anything this was the last place I wanted to go. This day just couldn't get any worse or could it .

" I know where we have to go next come on." I said leaving out the attic with the girls behind.

We didn't really go where it all started. It all started way before this.

--- excuse any mistakes ---