fifteen.

'KITTY CHATS'

[For the sake of this story, all Miraculous characters will be aged 17 instead of 14.]

A week had passed after the events of Befana, and Yuna had healed almost perfectly. The girl always had a tendency to recover from her injuries fairly quickly, although it was peculiar, she wasn't complaining.

"Yuna," Her mother's cold voice caused the raven-haired girl's body to go rigid as it turned around slowly, facing the woman. 

"Yes, eomma?"

"You're too stiff. You need to be more flexible and light on your toes. How do you expect to complete your mission with your current state? It's embarrassing."

"Sorry. I'll do better next time." Yuna bit her lip, eyes cast onto the floor as the older woman's gaze pierced through her.

"Unacceptable. I'm putting you into ballet classes again." Eyes widening, the girl opened her mouth to protest, but closed it once more as she knew her mother had made her final decision. Memories of the harsh exercises and training replayed in Yuna's mind, causing her petite frame to shudder. 

"Again." The instructor demanded, eyes focused on the young girl. She looked to be only 12, raven hair pulled into a tight bun. Her ballet dress flowed as she stood up from her position, spinning and spinning until her legs burned.

"Faster." Beads of sweat dripped from her forehead as she picked up the pace, pirouetting at an abnormal speed. Her throat felt dry and her muscles ached. She wanted to stop. But if she stopped, they would make her start again.

"Formation six." Lungs screaming in pain, the girl moved to an allégro, her feet sore from the quick and brisk movements. She wanted to cry. To scream. To run away. 

"Excellent job, Yuna."

↽──♕──⇁

The soft breeze shifted her hair, her low ponytail swaying as the refreshing wind blew against her skin. A sense of freedom and lack of needing to conform to her mother's expectations caused the masked girl to sigh with content. Leaning back with her hands on the rooftop for support, Shigan stared at the stars, unaware of the cat landing behind her.

"How's your injury?" Turning her head to face Chat Noir, the agent felt her heart begin to race. 

"Good as new." Sitting beside her, the cat-themed hero studied her chocolate brown eyes, as they were perhaps the only feature he could closely look at. They held the same secrets and mystery as Yuna's eyes, but after all, it could have been a coincidence. There were too many people with brown eyes and dark hair to be able to pinpoint Shigan's identity.

"Do you have to keep your identity a secret too? Or can you tell me?" It was worth a try, right?

"I could show you who I really am whenever I wanted. Even right now."

"Will you?" Chuckling at his eagerness, Shigan pinched his cheek lightly.

"Maybe one day." At her response, Chat Noir frowned, puffing his cheeks while he crossed his arms. Why did he want to know, anyways? Perhaps it was because he was overly curious, being the cat he is.

"Why not now?" He whined, face close to hers as the latter blushed profusely.

"It's more fun when I'm undercover. Plus, we don't know if Hawk Moth's watching or not." Watching the leather-clad hero pout adorably, Shigan couldn't help but smile at his expression, leaning in closer and pressing her masked lips against his cheek.

"You missed." Chat teased, causing the agent to roll her eyes before grabbing his face with her left hand, lips against his. Albeit the mask separated them, Shigan was able to feel the shape of his lips on hers. It had barely lasted two seconds before she pulled away, leaving a flustered Chat Noir. Realising what she had just done, the agent blushed darkly, clearing her throat before changing the topic.

"What exactly have I missed?"

"Nothing much, just a few akuma attacks," Daring to take a glance at her, the emerald-eyed hero noticed how the city lights reflected in her brown orbs. "The latest was the Gigantitan. Now that was chaotic."

"Sorry for being MIA..." Her voice came out almost inaudible, the insecurity in her tone becoming very clear to Chat Noir. "Ladybug must hate me more than usual now."

"I'm sure she doesn't hate you!" Placing his hand upon her shoulder comfortingly, the cat-themed hero offered a bright smile. "After the incident with Volpina, Bugaboo's been pretty antsy nowadays. She's just got trust issues, yanno?"

"You guys are really close, hm?" 

"I guess you could say that."

"Do you know each other's identities?" At Shigan's question, the blonde shook his head as he sighed deeply.

"I don't think we're on that level of trust yet."

The silence that had followed became unbearable, both heroes fidgeting around whilst thinking of conversation topics. Shigan had always noticed how Chat Noir pined after his partner, a typical unrequited love that was seen in dramas. Though recently, he was much more casual with Ladybug, no longer speaking in his flirtatious tone or using pickup lines. Even after working together for along period of time, both Miraculous holders barely knew anything about each other. This alone was enough to make the agent feel bad.

"Hey, Chat?"

"Hmm?"

"I'm 16 years old. Nearly 17." She swung her legs over the ledge, turning to see sparkles in Chat's eyes.

"Really?! I turned 17 this year! We might know each other."

"Maybe."

"Which school do you go to?!"

"That's a bit too much information, chaton."

"Hmph." Crossing his arms and pouting like a child, the expression on his face causing Shigan to laugh breathily. Chat Noir smiled slightly at the sound, noting that it was familiar to his ears. "Why do you wear that mask, by the way? Isn't it hard to breathe?"

"Mhm, it gets stuffy sometimes. Should I change to an eye mask?"

"Or no mask at all." The leather-clad hero grinned cheekily, his eyes disappearing as his wide smile took over.

"Very funny, kitty."

"Boohoo. Hmm, yeah, I think you should switch." Before their conversation could continue, an obnoxious alarm sounded. The ringing came from a local jewelry store, with about five masked men running outside. Cracking her knuckles, the agent stood up.

"Not how I planned my evening, but alright." With that, she flipped off the roof and landed before the robbers perfectly, stunning the other hero.

"She's such a badass."

AUTHOR'S NOTE

hiii guys so lately it's been hard to write chapters (bc I've already written up to their relationship) and I literally have no ideas left :"( so if yall could lmk what you'd like to see the couple do (dates and such) that'd be great :) I realise I rushed their relationship a bit and there wasn't much development for feelings, but aaaaa i will explain dwdwdwdw

- cloudttea