twenty nine.

'ADVENTURES OF ADDY AND YUNNIE'

“Don’t worry, Princess, I’ll save you!”

“You have to get past me first!” A four-year-old Adrien Agreste stood in the way of his best friend, a cheeky smile on his face.

Little Yuna Park lifted her plush sword, pointing it towards the blonde with a triumphant look on her face. “Return the princess to me and I’ll let you live!”

“My hero!” Chloé squealed from the top bunk of the bed, pretending to swoon as she held onto her teddy bear. 

A battle of polyester toys began as Adrien and Yuna clashed their fabric swords together, yelling out battle cries. Adrien seemed to be getting the upper hand when suddenly, he slipped on a thin blanket, falling back onto his behind. 

“Ow!”

Both girls gasped, rushing towards the boy in case he cried. But instead, he began to laugh. This caused Yuna and Chloé to giggle as well, creating a fit of snickers and chuckles between the three on the floor.

“Hey, you guys started playing without me!” The three sat up and turned to the door, where Felix Agreste stood with his hands on his hips. An annoyed look was on his face before it was replaced with a mischievous smile. He ran towards his cousin and friends, knocking them all over with a hug.

“Friends forever!”

“Miraculous Ladybug!”

Yuna felt a wave of relief and purity wash all over her body, the sudden feeling causing her to stumble and begin to fall. Luckily, Adrien - who had quickly transformed back after using his power - immediately stepped forward and caught her. The hypnotised audience returned to a normal state, looking around in a state of confusion before moving on back to their lives. 

The locket on the floor mended itself. Adrien picked it up slowly, breath hitching as he remembered the day he gave it to his best friend. As he began to open his mouth to speak, he felt a hard impact against his cheek.

“Seojun!” Yuna cried out, quickly stepping up and taking hold of her brother’s arms. He had just punched her boyfriend. 

“I said I wouldn’t sit still if you hurt her,” The idol seethed, but didn’t move to make another attack. Not while his younger sister was able to see, at least. “Watch yourself, Agreste.”

Fortunately, the other members of FREE whisked the boy away before he could change his mind about letting the blonde go. Adrien cupped his cheek and winced, but he reckoned it was well deserved. 

Then, Lila Rossi stomped towards him, delivering a harsh slap to the same cheek. Yuna gasped at her close friend, “Lila!”

“There you are, geez, Lila,” A flustered Nathanael came running up, quickly ushering the Italian away, who did not cease her glares towards Adrien.

And finally, Daniel Han menacingly approached the couple, giving Yuna a quick kiss on both cheeks before scrutinising the poor blonde.

“You did not pass the vibe check.”

With that, he sassily walked away.

“Yuna,” The first person to speak was not Adrien - no, it was Marinette. Guilt was written across her face, and she seemed as if she were about to cry. “I’m so, so, so sorry-”

“It’s okay. It wasn’t your fault.” Yuna cut off, sending a soft, genuine smile to the pigtailed girl. She turned to Adrien, “It’s no one’s fault. Just a misunderstanding.”

Despite her aching feelings of heartbreak whenever she saw the couple, Marinette understood that at this moment, they needed to talk just between themselves. And so, she left, spotting Luka in the distance and happily going towards him, forgetting her feelings for a brief moment.

"I'm sorry," Yuna started, taking hold of her boyfriend's hands. "I should've let you explain."

The blonde shook his head quickly, pulling the girl into a tight embrace. "I took too long to come, and I should've been careful about the paparazzi. They blew this entire thing out of proportion."

"I agree," She giggled, and his heart began to flutter at her smile.

Adrien began to hesitate. He knew that she had lost her memories of her first seven years of life, meaning the time they spent as children was also forgotten. He didn't know how to tell her that they were actually childhood friends.

Well, just go with the flow, right?

So, the emerald-eyed boy dug a hand into his back pocket, bringing out a necklace with a key charm. Yuna gasped upon seeing it, feeling a rush of familiarity begin to course through her. Adrien couldn't help it as the corner of his lips began to tug upwards, "You have the heart and I have the key, so only I can unlock it."

"A promise is a promise." She breathed out. She was beginning to remember. A breathless laugh left her lips as she inched forward, holding the locket up towards the boy. He placed the key within the hole, unlocking it and revealing two pictures.

The first was one of both Adrien and Yuna, the former missing his two front teeth, revealed by his huge grin. He was smiling at the camera, while the girl next to him kept her eyes on baby Adrien whilst holding a lollipop. It was the same photo that Plagg had discovered in an old box.

The other photo was a group photo. Chloé had one arm around Yuna, and the other around her teddy bear. Adrien was beside the raven-haired girl, holding up a peace sign behind her head. And finally, Felix stood behind the three, his arms outstretched and he smiled toothily at the camera.

"Addy." Yuna simply said, glancing up with happy tears in her eyes. "You're Addy! I remember!"

Excited, she jumped up into his arms and began to shower his face with kisses - his forehead, nose, cheeks until finally, a deep and meaningful kiss on his lips.

For once since the accident, Yuna Park remembered something.

And from afar, Chaewon Park watched with a horrified expression.

AUTHOR'S NOTE
oh my god
it finally happened
they finally remember their long awaited promise! and their childhood together!!!

UNFORTUNATELY this is the last of my daily updates
i WILL still be updating regularly, but probably once or twice a week
the reason for this being im starting my holiday homework tomorrow and i have a vacation soon, also this story will be coming to an end soon (excluding sequel) and i want to take my time with it
see you next week!
- seriphiaa