twenty five.

'RED ROOM'

"That was exhausting."

Yuna Park fell face down onto her bed, softly groaning as she felt aches all over her body. Their battle against Hawk Moth had been their most challenging yet, and they hadn't completely won either. In the end, he managed to escape - but at least Paris was safe once again.

"Maybe we should ask Marinette to get a Miraculous for you," Adrien sat on the edge of his girlfriend's bed, placing a hand on her head lovingly. "You'll be less burnt out after every fight."

The raven-haired girl pursed her lips, pondering. While it would be beneficial to obtain a Miraculous, what would happen after she completed her mission? Would she have to give it back before returning to her previous duties?

After all, she was an agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. It was much too early for her to retire as well. A sickly feeling settled in her stomach. She hadn't told Adrien yet, that once they defeated Hawk Moth, she would have to leave Paris. Leave him.

"I wouldn't be so special then," Yuna smirked playfully, turning her body over to rest her head on the boy's lap. He froze up, face flushing red as she relaxed against his thighs. Even this far into their relationship, she never failed to make him flustered.

"Even if you weren't a hero, you'd still be special to me." Adrien leaned down and placed a kiss atop the girl's forehead. She giggled at the feeling, quirking a brow as he pulled away.

"You missed." She said simply, before reaching both hands up to his face and gently guiding him to her lips.

It was sweet and gentle, almost craving as their lips moved in sync. Yuna began to sit up, her hands still holding onto Adrien's face. The movement caused the blonde to lose his balance, falling back onto the mattress with the girl above him. Not once did they break their kiss, not even to breathe.

Until a knock sounded at the bedroom door, causing the two to hastily move apart.

"Yuna! Do you want me to drop you off or not?" Seojun's voice came from the other side, playfully annoyed. "Aish! You take so long to get ready!"

"I'm-" The teenager stumbled up, quickly grabbing her ballet bag. "I'm coming!"

Adrien blinked furiously, stunned at what had just happened. If they weren't interrupted, what would-? No, no, he shook his head immediately. His hands slapped his cheeks, reddening them further. He needed to stop having these thoughts.

"I'll see you later." Yuna quickly kissed her boyfriend's cheek before running out the door, almost stumbling in the process. "Love you!"

"Love you too!"

↽──♕──⇁

"Perfect, Miss Park!" The instructor cried out in glee as her eyes fell upon Yuna's panting form. "Absolutely wonderful!"

The raven-haired girl wiped the sweat from her brow. She took a swig from her water bottle before sighing in relief, feeling refreshed. Her feet ached from the continuous movement of spinning and jumping, but it was worth it if the instructor complimented her.

After all, it was the only way you could survive in the Red Room.

"Again."

"Yes, Madame."

The music played, a gentle melody erupting from the device. Yuna began with a soft allégro, her feet already beginning to burn from the brisk movements. As the music began to move into a crescendo, her movements became larger, harsher, stronger. Her once gentle steps became graceful leaps and turns, heeding to the beat of the music. Fingers stretching out towards the ceiling, as if reaching out for help from an unknown force, Yuna felt her arms flex with desperation for an escape.

And finally, the song came to an end.

Yuna immediately collapsed onto the floor, gasping for air.

Madame did not like this.

The elder woman's heels clicked as she approached the teenager, a sour look on her face. "Are you incapable of repeating the procedure, Asset 616?"

"No, Madame. I'm sorry."

"Are you failing to follow instructions?"

"N-"

"We can't have that."

"I'm sorry."

"Leave."

"Yes, Madame."

Jihyun picked her up not long after. But he was not the only person in the car. Chaewon waited for her daughter in the backseat, and the divider was up.

Things weren't going to end well.

At first, the mother hadn't said anything. She only kept her eyes forward, a stoic expression on her face. Yuna was unsure whether to break the silence or not. Thankfully, she didn't have to decide.

"Get some rest at the house." The house. Not home. Nothing would ever feel like home in their family. "It would be an embarrassment if you collapsed during the recital."

"Yes, eomma."

The car came to a screeching halt, sending the passengers forward slightly. Yuna felt the seatbelt skid against her neck, leaving a stinging sensation.

"Get the asset!"

"Daddy!"

"Take the kid too."

"Yuna!"

"Wipe her."

"No!"

Yuna whimpered as she cradled her head. She thought it had been from impact after the sudden stop, but the seatbelt protected her from doing so. Then what was this pain in her head? It was unlike any other migraine.

Armed soldiers. Smoke. Fire. A symbol. A red skull.

Chaewon had a peculiar emotion on her face. Concern.

But it wasn't what you would expect. She wasn't concerned for the safety of her daughter, no - there was something else. After all, Yuna had stopped holding onto the hope that deep down, her mother cared for her.

"My apologies," Jihyun spoke, putting the divider down. The two Park women looked forward, seeing a crossing pedestrian, clearly disobeying traffic laws.

"Carry on." Chaewon dismissed, turning back to the window but not before side glancing at her daughter.

She was remembering.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

 sheesh two updates in a day despite it being like 6 months since a real update?

you guys are getting treated well wow this author is so generous

BUT AHAHA YEA so

y'all definitely deserve this after my unnecessary hiatus,, its still not as long as my usual chapters but its longer than the last at least. as you can see i pretty much just skipped heroes day, like i know it was a biiiig part to the series but yk yuna is the main character soooooooooooooo

ALSO WOW OUR YUNA IS GETTING HER MEMORIES BACK? are we going to finally get a father reveal? what really happened that day? wasn't it an accident? was it a planned crashed? why did they take them? why did they 'wipe' yuna? what is chaewon hiding??

find out next time on uh

idk

next time does not equal next chapter btw LMAO

- seriphiaa