ten.

'MYSTERY FENCER'

The sound of blade meeting blade sounded throughout the room, as well as the occasional clatter from a ceding parry. Yuna sat on a bench away from the action, fingernails tapping against the wood as she was itching to swing her sabre. Her injury from the previous night restrained her from doing so, leading to her annoyed attitude when watching the new students receive a crash course. A giggle disrupted her thoughts, her gaze moving towards Marinette's and Adrien's smiling faces. A sigh left her lips as she leaned her elbows on her knees, placing her head on her hands as she watched them.

Why was she jealous? Surely the girl had feelings for Chat Noir, but Adrien as well? It was wrong. She knew it was wrong. Yet, Yuna couldn't help the way her heart raced whenever either blonde smiled at her warmly, or the sharp stab she felt when they smiled at another girl. As if he could feel her piercing gaze, Adrien turned to Yuna, gently smiling at her bored expression, knowing she longed to join in the fencing.

"Do you like her?" Marinette's voice caused him to turn back to the girl, whose lips were pursed. A tint of pink spread across his cheeks, quickly glancing at Yuna before facing the bluenette once again. The girl knew the look he had given the brown-eyed girl all too well, a look of pure adoration and love. "I wouldn't be surprised, she's really pretty, especially when she smiles. She seems to smile a lot around you as well."

"No— well, I do like her— But not in that way! She's a great friend." Adrien rambled, not noticing that his flustered manner slowly began to crush Marinette's hopes. His stuttering mess switched to a dazed state as he watched the fidgety girl, biting his lip to stop himself from smiling so widely. "She's not just pretty though, she's funny and sweet, even if she is a bit blunt sometimes. Yuna's also considerate of others, and super strong too!"

Before he could continue to break the pigtailed girl's heart, a shout interrupted the tryouts as a figure in red fencing gear stood on the scoring box, a red sabre in hand. Pointing the blade to Mr. D'Argencourt, announcing how she was good enough to join his fencing team. The fencing master retorted back, stating that she could only join if she were successful in beating one of his students. The red-donned fencer strode towards the silent students, a confident air surrounding them as they looked around.

"Which one of you is the best combatant?!" All fencers shuffled around, looking at each other before siding away from Yuna, who still sat on the bench. The bandage around her leg was observed by all, causing the girl to feel insecure and hide it behind her other leg. "She's injured, it wouldn't be fair."

Yuna scoffed, crossing her arms in annoyance, though she said nothing as Jihyun would have scolded her if she pushed herself. The students shuffled once again, watching as Adrien stepped forward, lifting his mask. He glanced at the Korean girl, who flashed him a quick smile and a thumbs up.

"Adrien, please give our visitor a lesson in chivalry." Armand stood as referee, head turned up in pride as both fencers hooked themselves up to the machine. The blonde boy smirked confidently before lowering his helmet and cracking his knuckles.

"I shall, Master."

The challenger was fast, but Adrien had seen faster. Still, it was hard to keep up with her constant attacks. Both of them lunged at each other, both point buzzers going off as everyone awaited the results. Armand, unsure, glanced at the fencers before choosing to abstain.

"Simultané! Par un toucher!"

Yuna now stood beside Marinette, captured by the swift movements of Adrien and the mystery fencer. Once again, both points boxes lit up at the same time, causing the referee to call out an abstention. He shouted once again, preparing both fencers before he was stopped by the one clothed in red.

"Wait. I request that we do it the old-fashioned way. We'll be much more at ease without the machine." At this, Adrien agreed, beginning a chaotic match that would end in discord.

↽──♕──⇁

Ending with Marinette declaring Adrien as the winner, the mysterious fencer left in a rage, stabbing her sabre into the ground before walking away. The blonde boy chased after his challenger, only to be stopped by Yuna, who wore a concerned expression.

"I'm going to offer him a decisive match." He ran to the fencer's car, leaving a bewildered Yuna with her hand still in the air. She brought her palm to her forehead, sighing deeply as she mumbled;

"Adrien, that's a girl." Nonetheless, she followed him, watching his failed attempt at returning the sabre. The anonymous girl finally removed her helmet, Adrien becoming momentarily stunned by her appearance as Yuna felt a pang in her chest. Slightly irritated, she stormed away, Adrien's heart clenching sadly as he confusedly watched her leave.

Her fists by her side, she cursed herself for her behaviour as she marched towards the limo, Jihyun waiting for her inside. As she opened the car door, she spotted a blushing Adrien in the arms of Ladybug, who also flushed red. Yuna couldn't help her annoyance as she screamed out angrily, slamming the car door and startling Jihyun.

"Is everything alright, Miss Yuna?" The bodyguard looked into the front mirror, staring at the girl as she pinched the bridge of her nose. He began to drive to the Park estate, focusing on the road as he listened to Yuna's rant.

"No, Jihyun, everything is not alright," She started, waving her arms exasperatedly as she huffed, leaning back into the seat.

"Adrien's so buddy-buddy with Marinette, then he's wowed by that mysterious fencer girl, and now he's blushing in Ladybug's arms! What about me? What did all the flustered rambling and cute blushing mean? Does he even like me or is he playing with my feelings?"

"Does he know you like him?"

"Of course not! That's ridiculous."

"Then you should confess."

"Are you crazy? Did you even hear what I said?! If I confess now, I'll get straight-up rejected."

"Why do you care so much about him anyways?!"

"Stop the car." Only after hearing her shaky voice had he realised the impact of his words, the harsh tone as he snapped back only reminding her of Chaewon's lectures.

"I'm s—"

"Stop the car." Yuna's voice broke, tears springing up at the corners of her eyes, causing Jihyun to pull over. Before he could attempt to apologise again, she had already slammed the door and walked down the street. Frustrated, the bodyguard punched the steering wheel before rubbing his temple with his right hand.

"Shit."

AUTHOR'S NOTE

hey my cute tea leaves, so I said wait a week or 2 but I finished all my homework early today and spent like 4 hours writing this chapter. i planned to add some more stuff but it was getting long already so ill just put it in the next chapter uwu

- cloudttea