twenty eight.

'BLACK SWAN'

"I messed up real bad," Adrien sighed out, the balls of his palms pressing against his eyelids. He turned to his kwami, raising a brow. "What do I do, Plagg?"

The black cat snorted, waving a tiny arm at his owner, "You're on your own, buddy. I'm with Yunnie on this one."

Eyes widening, the blonde boy froze, feeling his heart stop for a brief moment. Yunnie, Yunnie! I got a present for you!

"What did you say?"

"Huh?" Plagg raised a nonexistent brow. "You're on your own."

"After that." Adrien was breathless. Did he hear wrong?

"I'm with Yunnie on this one."

Bye, bye, Addy.

Before he could even finish his thoughts, the teenager was brutally knocked over by a ruthless force, causing him to fall and land on his behind. Adrien snapped his head up, clearly annoyed at whoever had pushed him down. His lips parted to make a remark when he realised the state of the person before him.

A random civilian who stared at nothing in particular, their eyes completely white. They hadn't even seen Adrien. The man continued to walk on, unaware of his own surroundings.

Adrien took the time to look around, confused. Several other people were in the same state, all heading towards the same direction - Place de la Concorde.

"What the..."

Then, a ring from his phone brought him out of his stupor. "Adrien!"

"Marinette?" The boy furrowed his brows at the girl's panicked voice, sounding as if she were trying to fight someone off. "What's wrong?"

"Yuna's been akumatized!"

↽──♕──⇁

"Good job, Black Swan. Ladybug and Chat Noir are bound to appear any time now."

"Yes, Hawk Moth."

Black Swan watched as the square of Paris began to crowd with civilians. Her second audience of the night. She had used her newfound power to hypnotise everyone in the city, bringing them to where her next show would be. If things went to plan, both Ladybug and Chat Noir would show up.

He could finally watch her dance.

The necklace hung heavy around her neck, weighing her down with a sinking feeling as she awaited the two heroes. As if telling her she was doing the wrong thing, that she should fight against Hawk Moth's control. 

She turned to face her reflection within the fountain's water, frowning at her appearance. Her skin had been painted a dull white, as well as her eyes. Her dress, previously white, had been changed to black. Her face, once graced with makeup, now held black tears streaming down her cheeks. But she was not crying.

Not anymore.

"There's a party and I wasn't invited?" A playful tone came from above, causing the ballerina to whip around.