My whole body hurts so bad right now that I can barely move. My face been pulsating since last night, I got bruises that hurt if I touch them and wounds that sting. That is the first time in my life anyone has ever fucked me up. Ever. I've gotten into plenty of fights, and I've gotten hit a few times but never fucked up. I never even left someone how I'm left now.

"What's going on, for real. Like no bullshit," Zyier stands over me with a frown. I look away.

"Oh, you don't wanna talk about it?"

I don't know if I want to talk about it or not. I just want to forget it ever happened and move on with my life to be honest. Only thing I'm certain of is after I find some place to settle, none of them gonna ever hear from me again. Not my sister, not my uncle, not my aunt, and not my parents. None of them. I'm done with that toxic ass family.

I sigh again and sit up. I look at Zyier then lean my elbows on my knees, "My father came back two days ago, he got mad and did this."

"Wait, what? Your dad is back? Why didn't you tell me?" He asks, clearly shocked. "Wait but, why did he get ma– oh. He found out. " Zyier asks.

I don't like the way he stated that so I don't confirm or deny. I ain't think there was anything to "find out" that excuses him doing this to me. He wording it like he thinks I did something unthinkable. I made some mistakes, but that's it.

He exhales, "Damn." He shifts on his feet, "Damn," he repeats. "I wasn't expecting that, I gotta be honest. Had it been some nigga that fucked you up you already know what timing I'm on, but this different."

"I'm done," I say. I lift my head up and stare into Zyier's eyes.

"Done? Done with what? Don't play."

"I'm just done. I'm saying I ain't gonna stay there no more, but after that this shit is wack. I don't wanna do this shit no more, no one fucking understands me."

"I understand you though," he grabs my hand.

"Nah, you try to act like you do but you just like everyone else," I pull my hand away.

"Wait, when did this turn to me? The fuck did I do?"

"Look me in my eye and tell me I ain't do shit to deserve what that nigga did." I stand up. I look him in his eyes and he looks into mine.

"You didn't deserve what your father did," he continues to stare at me, "But, I don't feel bad for you."

Yeah, I made a mistake coming here. I head for the door, but of course Zyier wants to stop me.

"Just let me go bruh," explosive emotions are building up and I can't tell if I'm bout to get angry or start crying again. Or both.

"No, because I want to talk about this. And I'm not just going to tell you things you want to hear."

"Can you just move. I don't even want to get into it."

"Nah, just sit down. All this because I said I don't feel bad for you?"

"Can you just MOVE? You annoying me now. MOVE," I try to turn the door knob but he's blocking me. Niggas always want to test my patience. Always. Then when I explode I'm out of line.

"I don't want you to hurt yourself—"

I'm pulling on the door and he's trying to keep it closed, "Nah, Zyier you need to move. Deadass. Let me go. Now."