Thirty Seven

vote and comment💖💖 most importantly, enjoy!! sorry for mistakes

Aj POV

Bro I swear to god, if one more girl tries to ask me for my snap in this school, I'm gonna stand on top of a table and tell everybody I'm a gay ass nigga. I'll even act like Ivy for the one time, just to get the point across. All I'm tryna do is sit down and scroll on my phone until lunch is over, but this the third girl to ask me for my Instagram this period. I usually tell them all I don't have one, but for the ones who swear they gotta find the solution to every fake ass inconvenience I pretend to have, I put my headphones in mid-conversation and pretend like I can't hear them. Like this bitch here is one of them who insist on trying to figure what social media I do have, and I just can't deal with it so I put my headphones in and out my head down, so if she decided to stand here and talk she'll be talking to her damn self.

And it's not only the girls that's annoying, it's the boys too. They stay tryna clown me for being quiet, tryna act like I'm pussy or a weirdo or some shit. If we was in New York, I woulda been handled that, trust me. All that laughing in my face, tryna make it obvious they making jokes about me wouldn't even be happening. The only reason why I'm choosing to ignore them completely is because I already know with these fucking hall monitors, if I get into a fight somebody gonna call my daddy. So it's no point. Like with the girls, I put my headphones in and do my best to drown them out.

I feel a tap on my shoulder after five minutes of staying frozen with my head down. Nah, if this girl is really still standing here, that's crazy. And to have the audacity to tap me. I don't fully pick my head up, I lift it only enough for an eye to peek over my arm. I don't know if I should be grateful or not that it's Ivy standing in front of me. Imma say I'm neutral since he and the other two find me almost every day to sit with me, no matter how much I move my seat around. Rather it be them than another 'my friend think you cute' ass bitch.

"You okay?" He asks as he sits down across from me. I pick my head up and reply with a nod. He holds an open bag of chips up to me but I shake my head at it. I don't like salt and vinegar chips, that shit is dirt. "Kyra's sick today. My bitch woke up sounding like you. Voice deep as hell." Ivy laughs at his joke then gets to waving to some people he knows. It would make so much more sense if he just, you know, went and sat with them.

"Aj, I was wondering—you have any siblings? Or is it just you and your dad?" He puts his attention back on me.

"Twin sister."

"Oh shit, you're a twin? You must be the mellow one, and your sister is probably outgoing."

"Yeah."

"That's so cute. Just like in the movies." Ivy says with a smile. Nothing about it is cute, especially when I'm always being compared to my outgoing sibling. Them movies be glorifying the fuck out of being a twin. It's nothing like how it looks in real life. I haven't even spoken to her since before I left, I don't know what she be doing now besides what she posts on Instagram. And I know she's in a new school. But after that, I don't know. And I don't care to know.

Taleah is the whole reason I'm even here right now, stuck with this crazy ass nigga. I swear he was talking to himself the other day bro. And not even only that, but he be leaving in the middle of the night almost every single night and be checking if I'm sleeping before he leaves. I don't care that much, but if he got me all the way out here to sneak around and cheat on papa, that's fucked up. Because what else would you need to be doing that late at night. I don't owe my papa nothing, but my daddy kind of does, so if he cheating on him, then I don't know. Nigga ain't even been out long enough to be getting tired of him, tired enough to cheat on him. That's crazy.