Fifty Two

vote & comment 💓💓 & most of all enjoy

sorry for mistakes

Cameron POV

"Let's go on a vacation."

Anthony has been lost in thought, gazing out at the water ahead of us, but my words pull him back to reality. I see a boat in the distance and get an idea. "Maybe a cruise...for our honeymoon," I suggest with a smile. I've already been talking Anthony's ear off about having a whole new wedding and finally having a chance to go on a honeymoon. We haven't gotten the chance to do any of that since he was incarcerated.

He looks at me with an intense look on his face. Then he shakes his head, "The titanium." He says seriously...And I'm supposed to be the dramatic one?

I roll my eyes playfully then correct him gently, "First of all, it's called the Titanic. Second of all, what does that have to do with anything?"

Anthony looks out at the same boat I'm looking at, "If it sink I'm done for. Can't swim."

I laugh, nodding in agreement, "I can't swim either." I've always been fearful of big bodies water. Even pools at times. I remember when I was in elementary school my father tried to convince me to get in the pool during swimming lessons. There was no amount of floaties that could convince eight year old me to get in that water. Absolutely not. But that was so long ago. And the Titanic was much longer ago. "The titanic was ages ago though babe. We'll have lifeboats just in case."

"That's really what you want?" He asks seriously. I think about it for a moment.

"Well..no. Not for our honeymoon. For our honeymoon I see...France maybe. I've always wanted to go. Or somewhere nice like the Virgin Islands." I'm almost embarrassed to say that the last time I've been on a vacation was to go to Disney world. But I've never been outside of the US before. There has been plenty of opportunities for me to being that Tyler has always tried to get me and the twins to come along with him on tours and trips. But I was either too busy, too scared, or too sad to go. But maybe now I can give it a shot. "But a cruise as a family would be nice. I think the kids would love that."

"Let me know. Whatever you want."

"Would you want that? Is it something you're interested in?"

"Yeah baby. Whatever you want I do."

"That's not an answer—"

"Yes Cameron, I'm interested. Better?" He corrects.

"Yes, actually." I'm trying to get Anthony to start doing and enjoying things because he wants to, not because I want to. I gave him the whole speech about starting new and let him know that if he's starting new he has to find joy in other things. As well as joy in anticipation. The feeling of anticipation is tainted for Ant. All he knows is to anticipate danger or conflict and I want to help get him out of that space.

And speaking of anticipating danger, I get back into the conversation he and I were having about the situation he was in with that lady Rue before the boat distracted me.

"I still have a couple more questions Ant." I'm sure he thinks we've moved on from the topic but that's not the case. For closures sake, some things have been on my mind for the past two months about their whole ordeal and I want answers.