Twelve

Continued...

Giovanni POV

It's so early in the morning, but I got myself up to come to the diner to get myself some breakfast. Especially since I did not feel like cooking anything for myself. Maybe I'll go to the gym after I digest, just trying to make my Saturday go by.

While I'm looking down at my plate of breakfast, I smell the air of someone passing by me and they smell so good. They smell so fresh, so light, subtle and very discreet but it's so powerful. And I notice that smell anywhere. I look up and sure enough it's my coworker, Cameron. He sits a few booths in front of me, but when he sits I can't see his head because of his height.

My heart rate starts to increase. Yeah, I know I'm a grown ass man. But when it comes to him I'm like a teenage boy in high school, I have the hugest crush ever. But, it's not only a crush. I genuinely care about him and I love his personality. A man can only dream. And it's a plus that he is so beautiful in every single way.

I just know in my heart that he's too deserving and worth too much to be wasting his life away waiting for someone who will be in prison forever. The first thing that I want is happiness for him, me being excluded. It's not about me, but I do know that if the day ever comes where he came to his senses, I would treat him right like he deserves. I don't know, it's an unpopular opinion, but if someone orders you to wait for them for eighty years while they're in prison, they do not care about you or your happiness. It's selfish, that person wants to be in prison knowing that they can still control you. And yes, I'm talking about his husband Anthony.

I just don't see how you can claim that you love someone so much, but at the same time you don't care about their happiness... I don't know. Maybe I'm just not understanding something. And that is not to bash his husband. Because I know that he may very well love Cameron, who wouldn't. But, he's not looking out for him like he should be. That's just my opinion.

I tap my fork against my plate and contemplate whether I should go greet him or not. I mean, I don't want to look like a stalker because for some strange reason we are always meeting up outside of work. Maybe it's because we live fairly close by, or maybe it's a sign. What am I gonna say if I go up to him?

'Hey Cameron, nice to see you!'
or
'Hey what are you doing here.'
or
'I didn't expect to see you.'

"Hey," and a smile is what I settle on when I build up the courage to walk up to his booth. His head is turned towards the window and he's kind of slouched down with his hand blocking his face. I notice that he doesn't have anything but a cup of tea on his table.

He moves his hand from the side of his face and glances at me quickly, but just as quickly he covers his face back up and turns towards the window again. And in that split second I could already see that the rim around his eyes are red, and his eyes are glossy.

"Hey, Cameron..." I say again.

He doesn't answer me.

"Cameron." I call out again.

"Please leave me alone," he says and turns his whole body towards the window.

"I'm sorry," I say then begin to walk away. But then I pause in my tracks. How much of a coward would I be if I just allowed him to sit here without even trying to comfort him. I turn back around and sit across from him. He doesn't look at me and is now covering his whole face.

"Cameron.." I whisper and start to reach my hand across the table but quickly take it back when I realize that may make him upset if I touch him.

"Leave me alone," he says again.